2

"So what kind of guy am I dealing with tonight A?" I sat lazily in the chair, holding the envelope in my lap while Ava stood behind her desk. She appeared deep in thought as she looked out the window in the back of the room. I've never seen Ava like this, especially about a mission. Usually these introductions involved her handing me the envelope, saying a name and age and shooing me out the door, not.... Not this. I spoke up a little louder, "Ava!"

She slowly glanced in my direction, completely unaffected by my loud tone. That part didn't surprise me though, Ava had been trained since she was three and had hearing so intense I was surprised she couldn't hear my heartbeat. Thank god she couldn't because right now it was racing and I would be knocked down quicker than I could see coming if she knew I was afraid right now. I had a reason to be though, her eyes were clouded and the way she was looking at me, I had never feared Ava like this before, in battle maybe but never in a situation in which we were at ease.

"There is no mission tonight." She spoke softly, almost as if she was speaking to herself and if the room hadn't been dead silent, I wouldn't have heard her.

"I'm sorry A I don't think I heard you correctly. No mission?" There had never been a time when I didn't have a mission. As soon as I was born I began training, being put on strict guidelines to ensure that I was to become the perfect person for my job. Then I was sent to physical training and after that my mental abilities were tested and I was chosen to be a Baiter, or as Ezra so lovingly puts it, I am the seductor. As soon as the alpha deemed me perfection, I was sent into the field to begin work and have been ever since. And I'm only 21. "A there has to be a mission I have an envelope."

"I know you have an envelope but this mission is too dangerous, you aren't ready."

"What do you mean I'm not ready? I am the best you have, the only person who can do this job, whatever this job is, is m-"

She raised her voice significantly, startling me. " You think I don't know that Raven? That is the exact reason I cannot let you go tonight. This job, this man is too much for you to handle. I cannot risk losing my best Baiter."

"Just tell me who it is. Let me decide if he is too much for me to handle."

"Asher Jackson." She stated blankly. I froze in place. I knew Asher Jackson, hell everyone knew Asher Jackson. He was the most powerful alpha in the world and known to be a ruthless killer, stopping for nothing and no one. Well shit. But I had to do this, there was obviously a reason that he was on our list and for the alpha to ask me to do this, he knew I was the only one who could.

"I'm taking it. Now excuse me I have to go get ready."

"Raven Taless wait right there. That's an order" she called after me. I stopped in my tracks, still facing the door when she spoke again. "Asher Jackson will kill you. You are an amazing Baiter but you will die tonight if you take one more step out that door. Let me take it, I have more training and much more experience with alphas like him, it will be easi-"

"A he knows who you are. You are too well ranked, too well known to do field work anymore. He would know who you were the minute you stepped into the club. It would be over before it began and I wont let you die because you stood no chance. I won't die tonight, I will take Ezra with me and if anything goes wrong I will abort the mission. But, I am taking this mission. I'm sorry A."

"Please just stay safe." She said quietly, her voice quivering slightly. I knew if I made any point to console her she would never forgive me so my only choice was to nod my head and pretend that I was not scared out of my mind from the simple idea of losing my life tonight.

I exited Ava's office and proceeded up the stairs to my bedroom on the top floor. It was the only place where the tough girl act could go away and I could relax. But that was after a mission. Right now I needed to focus on the envelope with Alpha Jackson's information and make myself into exactly what he wants. Wiping the stray tear that ran down my skin, I quickly proceeded to shower and wrap myself in a towel when Ezra came bursting through my door.

"Ezra! God have you ever heard of knocking?!" I shouted at him as he quickly closed the door behind him and rushed to me, holding me in his embrace. "Ezra what are you-"

"I can't believe you took this job Rae. What is going to happen if you die? And now Ava says I have to go with you which means your life is in my hands if anything goes wrong and its Alpha Jackson Rae! He could kill you with the snap of his fingers and you're so tiny and I don't know what I would do if you died, you're parents would kill me I can't let you do this."

"Ezra! Stop talking. You know to never bring up my parents. I chose you because you are the only person I trust with my life to come with me on this. I know you would never let anything happen to me. And as much as I love you I really do need you to get out of my room. I have two hours to look good enough to save my own life tonight and I don't need you breathing down my neck. I'll meet you downstairs when I'm ready and we'll discuss the details of the plan."

He nodded his head and solemnly left, closing the door behind him. I walked toward the closed door and collapsed to the ground. He was right. I could be killed in an instant if anything goes wrong by even a centimeter. The alpha could easily see right through me I would be nothing more than a sitting duck, waiting to be killed in a downtown club. I don't even know if he'll like what he sees. The envelope only provides so much information, like past lovers which gives me a general idea of a type but it's really up to my own intuition and chance. I let out a shaky breath and stood up again, beginning the transformation process. As I got ready I studied his file, looking at the all of the information provided, which really was not much.

Asher Jackson

Age: 25

Height: 6'2

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Brown

Title: Alpha

Type: Brunettes

Well at least he might have some interest in me, I thought. I had the whole brunette thing going and at my 5'7 height, with heels I would stand at the perfect height for temptation: short enough to look up at him but tall enough to talk in his ear. The picture provided showed me exactly why he was the most feared alpha in the world. His very essence screamed power and with those looks, he could have anyone he wanted. Great, let's just make the most impossible man to seduce even more impossible.

It took about another hour to get ready, and when it was finally over, I left my room slowly, afraid this might be the last night I ever see it. I had to get these thoughts out of my head or I would only end up ending this mission before it began. I had to believe that I could make this man fall for me if I really wanted to do it or I would not stand a chance.

"You look breathtaking Rae." Ezra said lightly, grinning at me from across the room. I hadn't even realized I was downstairs until I had reached the entranceway and spotted Ezra. I smiled lightly one last time, one last real smile before the façade came on and Alessandria came out.

"That's the plan." He chuckled, however the sweet moment was left bitter when he said what we both already knew.

It was time to go.

A/N-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EEEEEE!! Above is Asher isn't he hot as hell?? I'm actually in love! As always like and comment.

Peace and Blessings

K