Beginning of a dawn

Chapter 2

Beginning of a new dawn

The morning that followed, snow had hit the ground and was as cold as 15 Degrees. Ryuu was trying to get his head straight, as events seemed like they were rushing. He couldn't believe how fast things took place, and decided it was all part of the amnesia. later, Ryuu and Natalie decided to set out to look for Katsumi during the afternoon.
During that morning, Natalie, Ryuu and Nicolas were sitting at the table, right next to the kitchen, with a window able to see the snow outside, the fire was going in the fireplace and the three were covered in blankets, drinking hot tea and hot chocolate.
The late November snow was premature and extremely cold for the time

Ryuu began smiling and crying small nostalgic tears

"What's wrong?" Asked Natalie

"Oh, its nothing It just reminds me of Christmas when I was younger, its nothing much but I do miss it; my mother use to work so hard to give me the greatest time but it was about spending time with her and all before she-... you would love it" Ryuu said

"I think I've heard of that" Natalie said with a sparkle in her eyes "You get a pine tree and put it in your living room! You put boxes of things under it!"

"that's the idea for the most part, yeah!" Ryuu said, smiling

"Don't worry, We can have a feast! We can get each other gifts! I can make cookies! Cookies are the best!" Natalie said

"That sounds like a great plan" Ryuu said, smiling. "Oh, we should get going. We need to start looking for Katsumi. God i hope she's ok" As they got up and put on warm Clothes for the snow

Later that day, they had left the center forest to look for Katsumi. Making sure she was ok, they searched the borders of the forest the snow cold, and the sky lit warm with the sun painting a canvas of purple as the above sky darkened with stars like crystals glowing. It was time for them to head back home. But determined to find his friend, Ryuu didn't give up.

As the night grew colder, Ryuu decided had reached in his bag to get his mask and hoodie, covering his torso and arms. It helped him get warm.

Later that same night, they had climbed a small mountain on the north side of the city. They decided to camp there for the night, as Natalie and Nicolas started the fire. Ryuu saw the destruction the fallout had caused on the home he grew up in. With a depressed look on his face. His mask was covering his frown. The moon reflected on the lake down near the city, clear as a mirror. The city covered in collapsed buildings and moss, there was one building that stood out to Ryuu, As this one wasn't like the others in ruin. It was a newer building. Construction still being worked on and all. Something wasnt right with this one. Knowing something is wrong, he knew he had to come back to investigate.
"something isn't right here" Ryuu said to himself

"Ryuu, we should rest. We can come back another time." Natalie said

"But what of the building. Its not normal it should all be in ruin"

"We need to find katsumi first, remember? "

"yeah. I remember " Said Ryuu

As he layed the argument to rest, they all rested for the night
While katsumi was still out there. Ryuu was sure of another. Friends of his childhood. Akiko and Ryan. While he had to shift focus on one group of friends. He was sure that the others were Alright.

As the night fell darker into the night, cloud covering the sky of its crystal clear stars and constellations. The construction of the tower and a group of survivalists in those midst. Survivalists were the top of the food chain. Being the most feared and deadly group. Wearing armor of black, that lit up in neon symbols of future tellings. Some undercover wearing outfits you'd least expect
Among one of them was Ryuu's past love before fallout. Ayame orta
She was one of the highest ranks of the survivalists, taking what was needed for her group only. Less they show up, more dangerous things seem.