"Haven't you heard?"

"No, heard what?"

"He's in the hospital. He had a mini heart attack around two am this morning -"

"And why wasn't I told first thing. I'm the closest thing he has to a daughter." I left my stuff and walked out, texting Annabelle to say that I can't make dinner. I grabbed a cab and told him to put his foot down otherwise he'll have my foot up his arse. I told him to stop by the station so I could grab my stuff and tell them I wouldn't be coming in.

I saw my boss and told him my reason which he understood since he was close with Ed as well. I walked through the changing rooms taking my bag and went into the boys changing room to see Michael.

I could hear whispers so I opened the door only to feel like i'd been slapped across the face. Michael was sat on the bench with Alison (the slut of the station also his ex) on top of him, kissing him with him returning it. They both turned around with shock on their faces but before they could say anything I ran.

Michael's POV

I was currently changing after a hard day at work. I arrested two woman who have been wanted for the past three years for fraud and we shut down a drugs mill, arresting eveyone involved. To be honest though an officers work is never done, because after all the arrests you have to fill out all the filework and you also have meetings to attend so you can get told what case you're on. Luckily though today had been easier than past days where i'd made a lot more arrests and was told to work the night shift as well.

Just as I had put on my jeans the door opened and Alison my ex walked in. "What do you want?" I asked. She was just a slut and that's the reason i broke up with her because she couldn't not stop sleeping with any man that she saw; fat,ugly,skinny she had a variety.

"I want you. You know that," She took the bobble out of her hair and let it over her shoulders. How did I used to find that sexy?

"No you want what you can't have and now that I'm with Casey you're jealous." I replied confidently knowing that it was the truth. Casey was in every word nothing like Alison. Alison was a unintelligent, sex-addict while Casey was beautiful, intelligent and just perfect for me.

Alison moved closer to me, while I was about to put my shirt on she jumped onto my lap and brought her lips to mine. Without thinking I kissed back. What was I doing?

The door opened and we both heard a quiet gasp. I whipped my head around to find Casey standing by the door looking as if she had tears in her eyes. Before I could say anything she ran off. "Casey!"

I pushed Alison off me threw my shirt on "You bitch. If i've lost her I'll make your life hell."

I ran out of the room with no trainers on and chased after her. She got into a cab and it drove off way over the limit. I grabbed my car keys out of my pocket and jumped in driving after them, hoping that I haven't lost her for good. Because if I did then I'd rather die because my life would be useless without her in it.

They continued to drive at maximun speed and I realised that I was starting to lose her as they drove though a green light and it turned red when I got there. After tapping the wheel I began to lose patient. It turned red and I revved it up driving off at eighty miles per hour. I caught up with them and they pulled in when they got to the hospital.

I saw Casey get out with tears running down her face and I felt complete shame in my self that I had done that to her. Only yesturday I was thinking of proposing and now it may not even happen.

I parked up and locked the car. When I ran through the doors I saw her go into the elevator and shouted for her. "Casey!"

I waited until I saw the numbers stop and had the information that I needed; she was on the four floor. Instead of waiting for another elevator I ran up the steps barging past people and mumbling 'sorry' to them.