prologue

Many people always ask me, how the girl who lived in an old apartment place getting paid minimum wage ended up writing letters to the famous English billionaire, but when you think about it, it’s a crazy story.

But for you to understand we have to go back 8 years ago when this all started for you to understand

----8 YEARS AGO----

I sat on the metal chairs right across from the departure gate waiting for the next flight to London. It’s been a month since the deaths of my parents, and I realised I can’t just sit around crying over their deaths, I still have a whole life ahead of me and so many plans to fulfil.

Ok I lied I have absolutely no plans or a clue what I’m going to do and to top it off I don’t even know WHERE IM STAYING!!!.

 I know it sounds crazy going to a foreign country and not even having a job ready or a place to stay. But I just couldn’t take it anymore, I really do love living in California but this place had to many sad memories and It felt like I was suffocating with the constant reminder of my parents death.

I should probably explain, a year ago my dad was diagnosed with cancer and had a year to live. It really broke me and my mother’s heart knowing we only had a year left with him, but my dad was never a weak person he always told me

“make the most of the time you have, it’s better to try than regret never trying at all” he meant everything to me and he never gave up without a fight but that wasn’t enough and he died a year later

After my dad died mom had a nervous breakdown and refused to leave the house, at first the doctor said I was temporary and that she would get over it, but it never did end.

One day after school I came home to find the house quiet, I went upstairs to my mom’s room only to find her hung to the sealing, she had killed herself.

I never felt so alone in my entire life and I cried and cried for days, luckily I had an aunty who lived in California and she gladly took me in.

 I went back to school I studied hard but after my parents deaths I was never the same again I became a completely antisocial person I never went out I refused to make friends I just wanted to be alone.

One day I decided I couldn’t take it anymore and decided I needed a new beginning

So here we are now me at the the airport getting ready to take the next flight to London. I might not know where im going or what im going to do but like drew Barrymore says

Life is very interesting… in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths.” - Drew Barrymore