"ALEC!! JACE!!"

We were all screaming.

I heard a cry. Then a splash. Then silence.

One figure remained and I prayed it was my darling. The other was no where in sight.

Izzy couldn't be stopped by anyone. She tore from Clary's hold and ran into the ice towards the figure, who was bending in the water to get the other. I sent out a flare of light to help him.

I screamed at what I saw.

Alec was lying half dead by Jace.

I think he was doing CPR.

Now it was my turn for rash decisions. My feet carried me across the ice before I could stop them. My knees gave way and I slid to his side looking horrified. Every bone in my body was screaming in terror. His face was too pale. His lips were too blue.

"He's breathing" Jace said from millions of miles away. At least that's what it felt like. My hands worked on the ice bellow us and soon a portal sucked us up to the institutes floor. Not long after Clary and Simon followed.

I don't remember screaming but I heard a noise.

I don't remember crying but I felt tears.

I don't remember running but I was now in the infirmary.

People crowded my love's lifeless body, at least it looked that way. Clary by my side kept assuring me he was alive but I couldn't see his chest rising. Jace was uttering curses as he and his father tried to heal the bruises. It was brought to my attention his head was bleeding. I cried more.

Then everything was black. I was swimming in unconsciousness. I was digging myself out of a horrid dream. I was trying desperately to get back to my Alexander. But in the end, I gave up.

I don't know how long past. I don't know if I want to know. I know that I'm alone. I know I'm in a bed. I know Alexander is dying somewhere. I open my eyes to see his familiar grey walls. I sit up. The room spins. I lay back down.

"Magnus?" Clary's sweet voice is by my head and all my energy goes into turning towards her. She smiles and daps a wet cloth on my forehead. "Good. You're awake."

"Alec..." I croak. Gosh. I sound awful.

"He's fine. He's awake even-no don't get up. Take it slow" she pushes me back down in my haste and I nod dizzily. "You hit your head. It's ok"

I nod.

I think it takes an hour for me to finally sit up but Clary informs me it's been five minutes. Soon I'm walking. Soon I'm running. I have to see him.

The room smells like medical junk. I wrinkle my nose at it. The corner bed is occupied. I see his familiar black hair rumpled and soft and warm and-

I'm running to him.

He screams.

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?!?"

I freeze.

Robert runs in five minutes later along with Jace and Izzy. They all coax him down from his fear high and I stand in shock.

He doesn't know me.

He doesn't remember.

"Magnus" Roberts voice commands my attention and I turn to him. "I Hope you understand that we expect you to leave"

"What?" I hiss acridly.

"He doesn't remember this. You. Being "gay". We have our son back"

"Y-your son?! He was my-"

"HES MY SON!!"

"YOU DIDN'T CARE FOR HIM!!" I'm sobbing again.

"Get. Out. GET OUT!!" I stumble back. What else can I do?

What else can I do?

The door opens as Clary walks in and I slip out just as quickly as I slipped into Alec's life. In a blink I'm gone. In a blink I'm a memory, not even to Alec.

In a blink I'm no longer Magnus Bane, Alexander Gideon Lightwood's boyfriend.

In a blink I'm Magnus Bane, high warlock of Brooklyn. I'm very proud of the title.

I would give it up for him.

----------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHA!! I LEAD YOU INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY WITH THE HAPPY SNOW DAY TITLE!! MWAHAHAHA!!! Aaaaanyways. Let me know what you think!!! Love y'all!