The Beginning

There was rush everywhere around my house. My parents were going on another 'love tour' while I was going to be stuck at home, probably babysitting Thor, Fluffy and Jeremy. The three were the baby dogs that my parents brought from other countries as memorial and they were more pampered inside the house than me, even if being the single daughter of my parents. Thor was a German shepherd, Jeremy was the smallest baby husky among the three while Fluffy was the teen bulldog. I was sitting in my room, procrastinating while watching the videos of love songs while Jeremy played with a ball on my bed. I was trying to fit Mr. Bennett & I into the scenario of the love songs and everything was going perfectly in my dreamy world till the other two dogs came into my room and started growling at each other for a piece of bone. The growls from both sides were getting louder and my concentration from the screen broke. I turn my head annoyingly at the both of them and groan, "Would you both shut up for once? I am trying to do something."

For once, the atmosphere was silent for once but as soon as I turn the headphone to be fixated on my ears, my mom dashed in with rush and ruined my hopelessly remaining mood. 

She started murmuring while rushing through my room and picking Jeremy up. "Sweet pea, please do take care of them. They are our prince and princesses."Jeremy was cooed in her arm and kissed while she ruffled her hands through the heads of Thor and Fluffy. After she left my room, the three of them turned to look towards me with their innocent yet mischievous eyes, telling me that for the coming two weeks, I will be in distress.  

I sigh and go out of my room after closing the laptop and probably dosing those three idiots to stop them from following me around the house. My parents were already waiting at the door for the cab to appear at any moment while I came to them with a piece of Snickers in my hand. My mom rolled her eyes at my junk food eating habit and dumped her little frustration on dad for bringing all junk foods for me. My dad escaped over to me and countered back saying that I was his little princess and was the queen of the house. I round my arms around him and we both break out into grins as the cab honks at the right time.  

  -------------------------- 

"Madelyn Thwart!" A voice screeched, making me to sit up at once in horror and shock. My body was completely numb and I was shaking in fear, probably the adrenaline. A big and shaky sigh escapes my mouth as I look at Mr. Bennett in horror. He was angry for sure today. Dang, I smelled the trouble as I saw his mouth before moving to speak. 

"Is my class that boring to you?" He asked in a monotone and annoyed tone. I feel my heart beating as he looked at me, totally intimidated. I wanted to argue back but I knew it was not the right time. But then again, it might be because this college has the 'detention' as it is a private college and focuses on the 'student's career thingy'. A grin breaks out on my face and without explaining my reason; I replied back, "yes Sir."

He gawked at my goofy reply and it irritated him more, knowing he wasted one hour of his valuable time to lecture me about how he did not liked that one of his best students was slacking off, after which we both joked about the nerdy girl together. Remembering the nerdy girl at once, I saw her sly smile at me, probably happy that I was getting yelled at but much to my pleasure, a heartwarming reply came from Mr. Bennett, "see you in detention then, Ms. Thwart!"; with a irritated and sly smirk on his face. 

With that, the bell rang.  

---------------------------------  

"In the detention- I mean, girl! When you are going to bring the brain in your butt to the head?" Vanessa screeched in her child-like voice with an annoying sniff, which with displeasure conveyed me that she was not happy about me in detention.  

"For him, I will do anything crazy." I say and slurp the melting dry fruited ice cream of mine with the Vanilla and chocolate mixed flavor, packed with coco chips, different kind of nuts and ripened papaya. She muttered, "You're crazy" and fiercely stuffed the scoop of ice cream with her spoon.