Chapter 5

Warning: This chapter has mentions of rape. Please consider this before reading.
A/N: Finally chapter 5. It's short and sweet this time but I promise more will happen. I just wanted to put some of Misty's backstory out there because it helps advance the plot.
Thank you so much for reading. As always, comments are appreciated and often reciprocated!
~CatchingNightRavens xx

Misty sat with her back to the door in her room.
Alone.
She had heard Marlton walk up the stairs and stop outside the door, and was silently begging for him to leave her alone.
He did.
But when she heard his steps away from her room and him closing his door, she felt the loneliest she had ever felt. Tears fell down her cheeks, she had the need for human comfort, and was regretting her wish that Marlton would leave her alone, but she didn't want him to think she was weak. Before, everyone thought Misty was weak, her mother, her father, the guy from town who had forced her into his truck and raped her. But she had proved them wrong. She had ran away on her 14th birthday and would not return for a year. But when she did return, she was no longer the old, weak Misty. She was a badass. That guy who had raped her, yeah, he wouldn't be doing that to anyone anymore. Literally, she had cut his dick off. She proved to him she wasn't weak. But then, the rest was all her fault. Her mothers death, her fathers depression. It was her fault.
She could never change that.
Misty walked over to the window and looked out. Her vision was strained due to the fog, but she new there was nothing outside.
Silence.
Misty walked over to the uncomfortable looking bed and wrapped herself in the blanket.
She was always going to be strong.
She would never let Marlton see the weak side of her.
She wouldn't never be the weak girl again.
Never.