4

Amethyst Winters
Day 1,096
Year three complete

Today marked three years.

The past year, I didn't visit him at all. Not one visit for 365 days. It all became too much.

The doctors and nurses said that sooner or later- things would get bad, so they prohibited me from visiting him. I cried for days and nights. I didn't get any sleep. I skipped meals.
But slowly, I recovered. I still had that small capsule of hope in everything.

When I wake up today, my eyes are puffy from crying last night at the thought of 3 years.
I walk to my restroom and clean up myself, afterwards I get dressed into a olive green colored hoodie, light wash jeans, and black wedges. I pull my hair into my usual high ponytail and walk out the door, grabbing a breakfast bar along the way.

At school, the hallways are a lot more crowded then usual. A lot more louder also. But one comment from a freshman caught my attention.

"Cameron!!!"

Cameron Dallas, my Cameron Dallas, was the only Cameron throughout the whole school. The freshman couldn't have possibly been talking about him. I looked over to the kid who blurted out his name. I watched as the kid pushed his way through a crowd of kids near a classroom. I ignored the scene and walked into first block.

I sat in my usual seat and saw Sage smiling brightly at me. "Winter!!! How come you aren't screaming right now??" She says, slightly confused.

"What?" I say, with more confusion than her.
The bells rings, signaling that class has started.
And right when the last bell rings, someone walks into class.

Cameron Dallas.