Make-Up and Libraries

Two problems. 1) Katie lives across from the library 2) Her awkward look was because she wanted me to do her make-up.
  "Come on, V! Just try!" She pouts. "No!" We stood in her bathroom as she pulled out a make-up bag. "Why won't you?"
  She placed the bag on the bathroom counter. "Why do you want make-up, you haven't wore it before?" She sighs. "Andy said he was going to study at the library and I want to show him I'm cool on my own." I sigh.
  "Dude, your crazy. I'm not going to the library or doing your make-up."
  She pouted and made fake wimping noises. "Why?"
  "Listen," I say in a pissed voice. "Cooper texted me asking if I would go to the library 'cause he's going to be there. I said no, I'm not going!" Katie was angry now. "I thought you were my friend!"
  "I am!"
  All of a sudden, I broke out laughing and so did she. "Fine....I....will." I say, in between giggles. I put on eye shadow easily. I painted it on, standing real close to her face. "Dude, back up." She whispers.
  "Do you want this on or not?" I whisper back. "Fine." She said. Katie scrunched up her nose."It tickles."
  "Stop moving."
  When I finished her make-up, she looked okay. I wasn't very good at putting that crap on. We walked out of the house and to the library. I held the door open for her and spot Cooper pulling out a book. He sat down and started reading. Andy was typing on the computer. "Thanks." Katie walked through the door. She walked by the computers and Andy stared at her.
  I walked over to Cooper. He opens his mouth, as I sit down in a chair next to him. "I'm only here because Katie needs something." I say before he can say something.
  He rolled his eyes, placing his book on the table. "That's freakin stupid. You love me." He went to poke my side, but I slapped his hand away. "Stop." I say sternly. He pouts his lip and I just ignore him. I stood up and walk over to the isle that had James Patterson books in it. I stood, staring at the different books. Cooper had followed me.
  "You'd choose an author over me, wouldn't you?" He asks.
  "Authors kill characters. People kill other people. Then, those people die. Their all the same." He gave me a confused look.
  "No one understands." I shook my head, and Katie turned the corner into my isle as I pull out a book. "So what's going on here?" She smirks.
  "Nothing." I roll my eyes and put the book back on the shelf. I walk back into the seating area and both of them follow me. "Katie, can I go home?" She looks at me with a sad look. "Can I talk to you alone?" I nod. Cooper walked away and started talking to Andy.
  We sat on the couch. "What's up?"
  She giggled. "Well, when I walked by and he stared at me. I didn't care. I found an amazing book and checked it out. Then, I went to talk to Andy, but when I stood next to him, he stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist. I just froze. I felt stupid and could feel the heat rushing to my face. He said he thought I was cute and that I didn't need to try. He let go and I went to you."
  "Shit." I say louder then I thought. "He's a player ya know. Don't let him fool you!" She smiled. "Oh I won't."

(Did you watch the video?)

I walked home with Andy. We walked in silence and returned home just before dinner. Chicken and green beans with mashed potatoes. Sounds good right? Not. My grandma can't cook. My aunt can't cook either. My mom passed away when I was eleven, but she could cook. Not anymore, obviously.
She now lies six feet under, but her soul is singing in heaven with God.
Anyway, we ate supper and Andy brought up something I wish he never knew about.
"So," He says to everyone, chewing his chicken. "V's boyfriend was at the library today."
Before anyone could say anything, I shoot back a comment. "We're not dating, like you and Katie!"
His mom, Cindy, looked confused. "Isn't Katie your friend?" I nod.
"Dude!" His brother Griffin shouts. He high-fives him and I just sighed.
We finished dinner in silence. Today was long. I didn't need this shit. My mind zoned out of everything except the mashed potatoes I was eating.