11. You can come in if you want...

"Uh...I-I could come in." He restated. Lydia nods, opening the door slightly wider and he looks over her shoulder. "You're mom's home." He informs, pointing to her vehicle.

"It's not like we'll be loud. Just talking. Quietly." She assures. Nervously he glances over at his jeep before sighing and stepping in the house. It was pitch black and Stiles had begun to wonder how she had even managed to make it downstairs without falling.
"You coming?" Lydia whispers from a few steps away.
"I can't really see." He silently laughs.

The soft patter of her feet on the wood floor made him relax a little but he instantly tensed when she grabbed his hand. She did it like it was nothing too and that's what took his breath away. Her hand so small and fragile in his and he was afraid that if he grabbed back he might break her. Just talking. Just. Talking. He reminded himself upon entering her room.

It wasn't a mess, the purple walls illuminated by a small lamp in the corner, but Lydia started to pick up anyway.
"Lyds, you don't have to clean." Stiles chuckles. He sits on the edge of her bed, looking around at the carpeted floor as if it held all of her secrets. The mattress dips as she climbs onto the bed next to him.
"What do you want to talk about?" He gulps as she takes a drink of her milkshake.

"Nothing in particular I guess." She mutters. Emerald eyes bore into his skin and he knew he would lose the little self control he had left. God was he a sucker for those eyes. But he does anyway, not caring at this point. Eyes on eyes. All eyes on eyes until one little glance at her lips. "You could kiss me if you want." Lydia whispers. Why shouldn't he?

Why couldn't he?

He shakes his head slightly. "I don't think I should." His voice a soft whisper. Even though he said what he had said, it didn't stop his eyes from falling to her lips and he could've sworn she leant in a little.
"Why not?" She whispers back. Of course he didn't have a reason.

Stiles shakes his head again. "I don't have a good enough excuse." His lips curl upwards before gently meeting hers. Lydia's small hand reaches to the back of his neck, pulling him closer and he doesn't argue, smiling through the small kisses. This time there wasn't a slight guilt in kissing her. There wasn't a single thought in his head that screamed Malia's name.

Stiles shifts to a better angle so one of his legs is up on the bed and instead of looking over his shoulder to meet her, they were face to face. One palm resting on her knee, the other tangled in her strawberry locks, and a smile still on his lips as they repeatedly connected with her own.
"We could lay down." Lydia suggests, mumbling with a grin just as wide as his.

"That's a little too tempting, Lyds." He responds while resting his forehead on hers. She laughs, running a hand down his cheek as their noses brushed. It was just them. Together. And they both wanted it to be just them forever yet somehow they knew it wouldn't be that easy. The next kiss held all the meaning in the world, both giving their heart into the simple action but they could feel it.

"We have school tomorrow." Stiles mutters.
"One more. Then you can leave." She says and he obeys without hesitation. Giving her one last meaningful kiss before pecking her cheek and walking out of her room. That smile. The smile that wouldn't leave him for days. The kiss. The kiss that would be on his mind all day. And he was a grinning fool all the way home.

Skipping to lunch the next day and he was still a grinning fool. Tired but happy.
"Good day children." Stiles sets his tray down on the table next to his favorite strawberry blonde. The pack had decided to eat lunch outside at the picnic tables whenever the weather was nice and why wouldn't it be on such a perfect day like this.

The boy sits a little too close to Lydia but no one paid it any special attention except for her.
"Lyds." He greets her individually with a small peck to the cheek, taking her by surprise. Public display of affection? Since when did they do PDA?!?!? Lydia was internally flipping her lid, her face pale yet a full blush at the same time. She wondered how such a small act had moved her in such a way. He drove her off the wall insane.

"Whoah, whoah, whoah. What was that?" Allison was always the one to further investigate. Stiles shrugs in innocence.
"What?" He grins again, shoving a curly fry in his mouth. It was fair to say everyone was more than confused at this point.
"You smell it?" Isaac tries to casually whisper to Scott, squinting his eyes at his plaid covered friend. Scott nods in agreement while Kira sits silently next to him.
"You kissed her on the cheek." Allison ignores the werewolves.

"So?" He shrugs again, taking a sip from Lydia's soda. She was still too stunned to argue. It was fun to mess with his friends, Stiles proclaims to himself. Very fun indeed. Allison glares at him.
"So you don't normally do that." She states. What was next to come would shock everyone. Stiles shrugs for the nth time before turning to Lydia.

As if they were in some lovesick rom-com, he dips her back to where she hangs off the picnic table with his arms wrapped around her back. He leans down and kisses her. In front of all of them. Passing students. The pack. All of them. He pulls back with her still dipped back, placing a sweet kiss on her nose before setting her upright. He continues to eat his food as if it was nothing, Allison's jaw threatening to hit the table top.

"I normally don't do that either." His grin was a smirk this time, a curly fry making its way between his freshly kissed lips.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

....so um...yuh....
I didn't really plan on them actually getting together again until towards the end of the book but I'm kinda contemplating whether or not they'll be getting together.

Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe