~*~ Chapter Eleven ~*~ A New Surprise ~*~

I finally asked if I could hang out with Tiger for the rest of the day at her place. They had no problem with it so Tiger and I ran to my car and we started driving to her place as we played her music. Half way there she turned the music off and said seriously “Audrey, are you a divine being?” I laughed thinking it was from a new book reading and said “What book is that from? I don’t think I have read that before!” She stared at me for five minutes then said “Yeah… It’s a book I’m into named…” She looked out at the window then said “Seen and said.” I laughed thinking how cute she was and how serious of a book reader she was. Then I said “When you’re done with it, I’d like to read it, if you don’t mind.” She nodded and turned the music back up. The lack of talking made me feel a little awkward but I tried to concentrate on the music instead of the lack of talking until we pulled into her driveway. We got out of the car and walked to the door when she said “I need to talk to Drake and Trevor, if you don’t mind, would you please wait here.” I replied “Not at all, go for it.” She thanked me and walked into the house while I waited in the grass looking at how pretty the house was. I heard Tiger said “I let it slip.” Trevor yell “What?!” Drake say “What did you say?” Then the rest I couldn’t hear but it sounded like did something they weren’t happy about.

After twenty minutes I knocked on the door and Trevor opened it saying “Audrey? How long have you been outside?” “Ummmm… about a half an hour, give or take. May I come in?” He nodded and stepped aside letting me in. I then asked “Where is the bathroom?” Trevor explained “It’s down two flights of steps, and the last door to the right.” I thanked him and walked down the first flight then fell over a box of Christmas ordainments or something, so after cleaning that up I tried to remember what the rest of the directions were but all I could remember was ‘down two flights of steps and the last door to the…’ to the what? The left or right? So I walked down the other flight of steps and saw lots of doors on the walls then as I went to the end of the hall there was a door on the left, the right and… a metal door in the middle. It looked out of place in the house, my curiosity burning I opened it.

 Inside was a small room that was mostly filled with a glass elevator with a blue pad on the side. It looked like a hand scanner like from the spy shows on T.V. I couldn’t help it, I put my right hand on it, feeling heat flow through my entire body. The elevator’s doors slid open and said in a robotic woman’s voice “Welcome Mia.” Mia? I wonder who that is, oh well. I stepped onto the elevator and watched the doors slide shut as I glided past a work out room, People playing video games, waterfalls and a man spitting… lava out of his hands?!?! I said to myself “This is the creepiest dream I’ve ever had!”

Then the elevators slid open again and two men got on. The one looked at me and said “New Recruit?” I nodded because I didn’t know what to say. “Why are you still in your human transformation” “I-I don’t know how to-” then what Tiger said in the car gave me an idea “change into a divine being, sir.” “Ok, let’s get you to Sky and Remus.” We ended up in a waiting room and they said “Wait on the couch there. We’ll call them down for you. The one got on a phone and said “Sirs, we have a new recruit here… But, it’s important!.. This one doesn’t know how to change!... But sir, no offense this is more important than some human... Alright sir. See you soon. Goodbye.” He turned to me and said “Miss, they’ll be down soon.” I nodded, nervous they would figure out that I was pretending to be a divine being. I started to think Is Tiger’s book based on the truth? Oh no, will they kill me?

          Then the elevator opened and… Trevor and Drake came out of it Drake saying “Where’s the new recruit?” What? How does Drake know about the new recruit?! The man said “Here Remus sir.” He pointed at me. Horror was on both of their faces, they looked at each other and looked back at me… I thought to myself This is a good time to run away. When Drake started towards me I yelped and ran not knowing where I was going; I just knew that something would happen if they caught me. I flew up three flights of steps and got into an elevator and pressed the button at the very bottom that said “Sleeping Quarters” and the doors slid shut just as Drake started running towards me. I shook until the elevator started to sink down through the floor. I realized I’ve stumbled on something that I shouldn’t have, and because of that, I’m going to be killed.