"I just like your chair." He said grinning at me

"Can you please leave? I need to get my things so I can go home.

"I can go with you. I mean, no one has to know."

"Mr. Gilt, I thought I made myself clear the first time. You are a married man and I don't want you."

"Yes you do." He said getting up and walking over to me. "I know you do." He stepped closer to me and we were now less than a foot apart.

"Mr. Gilt, can you just leave?" I asked trying to walk passed him. He grabbed me pushed me against my board making me hit my head.

"I'm not going anywhere." He said holding me against my board

"Ms. Ellison asked you to leave." A voice said. We both turned our head to see Val standing in the door way. She was in civilian clothes so she looked a little different. "Now I advise you to let her go." She said walking over to us.

"Hey, you're that volunteer from career day. You think because you're in the military that you're tough?" Mr. Gilt said

"I wouldn't test if I were you. Just go home to your wife and leave Ms. Ellison alone." Mr. Gilt looked at me and then looked at Val. He let me go and walked off slamming the door behind him.

"Thanks." I said a little embarrassed

"No problem. Are you ok?" She said looking me over.

"Yeah I'm fine. What are you doing here?I thought you said you'd be at my house at 5."

"I got off early so I decided to come here."

"So what was it that you wanted to talk about? I mean besides you not coming to see the children or even calling me after our uh dinner."

"I'm sorry about being distant. A lot of stuff was going through my head after that night."

"I wouldn't mind an explanation Sergeant Dexter."

"I would rather wait until we get to your house. I'm pretty sure a couple of your coworkers are standing at the door." I walked over to the door and opened it to see Gracie and 2 other teachers at the door.

"What are y'all doing?" I asked

"Uh we were just leaving." Gracie said as she walked off with the other teachers. "I'm sorry about that." I said turning back to Val.

"Its cool. I guess we should be going now huh?"

"Yeah come on." I grabbed my things and we both drove to my house

(Val's POV)

Chloe led me into her house and we sat into her living room.

"Before we start, do you want anything?" She asked taking her shoes off and placing them by her door

"No I'm fine."

"You sure?" She said taking her jacket off

"There's that southern hospitality." She laughed and shook her head

"What?"

"Nothing. Now can you please explain whats been going on with you?"

"Ok so if you haven't noticed, I really like you. Like really, like you."

"Yeah I figured that after you kissed me and I went through a little self evaluation and finally admitted that I really like you and if you want, we can take it from here."

"See, that's the thing. Chloe, I'm active in the military and I can get deployed at any moment and I don't want you to go through what my last girlfriend went through. Dana took own life because I got deployed and she was worried about me and when I was home, I was always working and I never paid her any attention and I don't want to do that to you. Chloe you deserve someone who can love you and give you all of their attention." Chloe fell silent for awhile. She just sat there staring at me. "Chloe say something."