Can I help you?

I smiled brightly as I began walking towards my locker at the gym, sweat dripping from my face and the smell of bad body odor coming from my pits was enough to let me know it was time to go home. 

"You did well tonight, kid" I heard a voice travel up close, my personal trainer Tim poked my side as he walked past, making me smile even wider! 

"Well, you know what they say, go hard or go home" we both had a little chuckle before he walked off, telling everyone how 'well they did'. 

Taking a swig from my water bottle and putting my bag over my shoulder I began making my way to the exit, now for the long ass walk home. 

I popped my ear phones in, walking along the path I  usually take, being sure to step to the beat because well.. the walk home is really boring! 

As I walked along the road singing louder than I was aware of, I stopped myself.. Now, usually at this 'Give Way' sign I turn right.. but today.. I want to go on an adventure.

I began walking a way I had walked before but never took because it ventured through a forest, wood type area that I usually wasn't fond of, you know sticks and trees and no thank you! 

As I walked along the moist ground I couldn't stop myself from noticing this weird feeling I was getting from the depth of my stomach, you know the feeling.. the one where it feels like your insides are churning and like something bad was going to happen?  yeah.. that one. 

I took a deep breath in and tried my hardest to ignore it, I took my left earphone out and placed it by my side, if there was something coming for me I wanted to be ready for it! 

I walked a couple more steps before hearing a rustling sound behind me, causing me to freeze. 
I turned around slowly, I could feel something- or better yet, SOMEONE following me, yet when I turned around there was nothing. 

I swallowed hard as I turned back around following the mental map I had of the place when I hear it again, the damn rustling! 

This time I turned around without a second thought so that whatever it was couldn't get away so fast but still nothing, maybe all the working out I've been doing lately is making me a tad delusional. 

I shook it off and kept walking although I could hear the sound of my heart beat in my ears like someone was bashing a giant drum right near my face.

There it is again, the rustling.. I decided I wasn't going crazy and I should probably get a move on, speeding up my steps. with every step the rustling got louder and I could feel my eyes filling with tears.

THIS IS IT I AM GOING TO DIE ALL BECAUSE I WALKED A DIFFERENT STREET!

I was just about to start running when something jumped out at my feet

I jumped back letting out a large scream, my heart racing, my hands trembling. 

What stood- or should I say.. crouched before me was a man.. as soon as I locked eyes with him all fear went away and was replaced by worry. 

His skin was dirty, like he hadn't showered in days and his hair ragged and brown, defiantly needing a comb and his eyes were large and.. very innocent. 

A wave of concern came over me as I knelt down to this naked man avoiding his area with my eyes.

"are you okay..?" I asked softly, my first thought was he was a mental patient escapee, he's wandered off and has been lost for days.. poor thing.

He moved towards me slowly with caution, smelling my arm and making me take a couple steps back, my eyes scanned his wrists looking for a hospital band, but nothing.

I stood up and looked around me, there was nobody but us.

I can't just leave him here.. it'll get dark soon.. what do I do.