Chapter 4: Through The Glass

He moved down the halls swiftly, his hair in his eyes like normal, and his uniform clinging to his built arms. Looking around he didn't notice anything different, nothing was different, like every other day. No one looked at him or even glanced his way, where ever he went, lonesomeness went with him. Looking through all of the classroom windows he didn't see anything peculiar looking. Although he did stop when he came to a certain room, through the window his eyes were placed on a girl with beautiful black hair and green eyes. He hadn't seen her here before, in fact he had never seen her ever. His eyes were drawn to the girls hands, they had a dark black aura around them. She used dark magic, yet he had not known about her before. There was only one student in the school who possessed the dark magic before she came, now there were two. She was controlling it so easily, the magic wasn't controlling her like it usually does, she was controlling it.

He noticed at the other side of the class there was a blonde girl wearing a white uniform waving excitedly at the dark magic Prod. He knew that students name, Adia. He was there when Adia had her first mock battle, she was far more powerful than most others. But, was she a friend of the dark Prod? That most certainly would not be the best of ideas, a light magic user being friends with her opposite. It would be a incredibly difficult friendship to keep alive, but at the same time he didn't disagree. His feet shifted beneath him, the movement immediately setting the girls sights upon him. She had heard his movement? From behind a thick wall and through the noise of the room, she had heard his slight movement of his feet. Only a small amount of Prod had special skills like heightened hearing. The skills were given to the individual through their blood line, he had only heard of a couple of Prod in history having such astonishing hearing. She was different, his senses were telling him to keep a close watch on her, and what the girl was capable of.

~

She set her eyes on him, she heard his feet shift. Nysal looked out the window to see a older boy, he had black hair like hers. It was cut short on the back, but his bangs were gently spread about his forehead. His grey eyes cut through her soul like a dagger, she sensed he was there, but how? She didn't know, but now she saw him carefully. The boy standing behind the glass had slightly tanned skin and was wearing a black uniform. Black, she knew what it meant. But, was she sure it meant that, that he used dark magic. She sat in her chair, staring at him through the glass that separated them.

"Nysal, excuse me Nysal," the teacher said and looked at her, breaking the connection between her and the boy. She snapped her head to look at the woman standing in front of her and answered.

"Yes, I am listening."

"Good, since you seem to have the isolation down, why don't we head to the training shall we." She stood up and saw Adia running towards her. The girl excitedly pranced around her, because she of course couldn't hug her. By the time Nysal had pried her attention from her blonde haired friend, the boy in question was gone. Who was he? And did he use dark magic? All the questions made her head hurt. She took one step but was immediately blocked by someone. She looked up to see those blue eyes she swore to keep far away from. The lover boy from before stood in front of her, blocking her way out of the room.

"You were pretty impressive, so angel you like blue eyes? Cause I got some right here for your viewing pleasure," the boy said swiftly, thinking it was a clever line. She didn't know who this guy thought he was, but she could easily shoot down anything he threw at her.

"Oh you must've been talking to this little angel over here. Come here Adia," she called over her friend, the girl pranced closer to Nysal. She smirked and finished her thought. "She's the angel here, of course since I use dark magic, I might as well be a devil. Right?" She grinned as she saw his face freeze. He looked like no one had bested him before, she felt pretty proud of her whits.

"Oh, well then I might just dance with the devil." She frowned, he bested her. She thought quickly and was ready with another one.

"You dance with the devil, you'll get the horns." That was her final sentence before quickly swirling past him. Nysal looked quickly over her shoulder to look at the boy with the pink uniform on. "Whats your name lover boy?" He chuckled and smiled.

"Dorod, and I thought you might recognize the type of magic I used. You're a smart one. Hey Zanone this one might be your type!" the guy yelled across the class to the other boy who spoke up earlier. Zanone's hair was cut perfectly with one strand of hair covering some of his face. He had a scar along his right eye, it looked to be healed, but it was still a deep cut. He looked at her and smiled a little, just a little, it was barely noticeable.

"I think your delusional Dorod, I'll leave love and all of those relationships to you," Zanone said and walked out of the room, his red uniform tightly gripping to his body.

"That's Zanone for you, as emotionless as always," Adia commented and started out of the room. Had they not noticed his smile? Did he smile? Maybe she was seeing things, if none of them noticed then maybe he didn't. She walked out of the room and caught up with the rest of her class. The halls were dim, she didn't notice it but they ended up outside of the school. There was a valley with horses in the back of the school, the horses came in all assortments of colors, or at least she thought they were horses. The closer she got to them the more she noticed they were anything but horses, they had long large wings, and scaly backs. They ranged of all colors and were bigger than some of the small buildings close to them. Dragons. "Oh dragons! They're so cool! I always wanted one! You get one if when you get ranked you are in A-Class or S-Class. So thats why there are so few." Nysal moved her head to glance at the beautiful creatures that stood before her. She had read about them, but never knew that they actually existed.

They were spread throughout the entire valley, as the class walked down numerous paths. And on every one she ended up tripping on multiple rock, making Adia giggle like crazy each time. They finally approached something, it was huge. A ginormous stadium with entrances on all sides stood before them. The stadium could seat at least thirty thousand, maybe more. She marveled at how big the arena was, it was half a mile wide and held a mile long. So large!

"This is both the battle training area, and the tournament area. The tournament happens every year and it will be happening in a couple of months. But, since you kids still don't even have a ranking I doubt you will be able to participate. We also hold the mock battles here, which is where we select you for different class levels. Now on the wall there are the rules for any battle, go take a look and remember them." Nysal moved with the crowd and patiently waited for her turn to the a look at the rules painted on the wall of every entrance. She waited but quickly got impatient with everyone, she carefully weaved through the crowd and got to the rules, forgetting she left Adia back there. She took her time looking them over, there weren't that many it surprised her.

1. No. Killing. No. Matter. What. (NKNMW)

2. You must give an accurate name to the judges, and accurate magic type.

3. Do not be a sore looser or gloat about your victory.

4. All Prod must reveal their whole birthmark for battle, the entire birthmark must be visible and shown for the whole battle.

Number four made her stop, whole birthmark, shit.