Chapter 5

Lucy
_________

"Natsu.." I softly say as I watch him slowly turn around .

I honestly agree to this because I trust Levy enough to believe that she wont lead me into a trap but also because I feel like I will be able to see for my own eyes who Natsu really is.

"Luce." Natsu speaks softly relaxed somehow and stares at me until he notices what he said as he jumped up quickly.

"Oh Luce , you're here . Lets get going." Natsu said as he walked towards his car.

"Yeah." I say trying to recall what had just happened to Natsu a few minutes ago while I follow him to his car.

We approach the car as Natsu opened the passenger side door gesturing me to enter . I entered his car as he closed the door softly while making his way around to the drivers side. He finally entered and drove off . I took out my phone as I texted my godparents that I'm going to be late getting home today because of my invite to get some ice cream. I put my phone away as the he drove in silence.

Finally, I spoke to get some answers from him and to break this awkward silence in the car.

"Natsu, why did you invite me to get ice cream with you?" I ask honestly as I turn my head to look at him .

"Well because I want to get to know you better. You are my science partner for the entire year, after all." He said with his eyes looking at the road .

" True." I admitted

"Why did you accept my invitation?" Natsu ask with a wondering expression on his face.

"Because --" I was interrupted as we finally made it to our destination.

Natsu parks the car and gets off . I was about to open the door when suddenly the door opened as it revealed Natsu getting the door for me . What a gentlemen his being. I step out of the car as I smile and thank him for opening the door for me.

"Your welcome." He said as he smiles at me while closing the door.

Though, the smile seemed fake . Maybe something is wrong.

He walked beside me as he locked his car.

"Is something the matter?" I ask as I look directly in his eye while we continue to walk.

"No? Why do you say that?" He asked as if he didn't just fake a smile at me.

Maybe I shouldn't bother him about his smile.

"No reason." I say as we continue walking

In the corner of my eye, I saw his face look kind of confused at my reply but then he just shook it off like it was nothing to worry about. We enter the ice cream shop as we took our seats. Natsu sat in front of me as he held his hand with another fake smile pasted on his face. I knew he was wearing a fake smile because that was the same face I had to make for years so that my godparents wouldn't worry about me.

Just on time, a female waitress stands before us as she smiles at us .

"Hi! What kind of ice cream are we getting today?" The lady asks with a happy tone.

"I'll take a chocolate ice cream." Natsu said as he looks at the lady  then at me .

"Oh! I would like a chocolate ice cream as well." I say as I look at Natsu and back at the lady .