Chapter 1: Fateful Encounter

I still remember that unforgettable day; The day everything I knew came crashing down on me, because that was when I met him and when I died...

The date was the sixteenth of January. I still remember how the wind felt in my cheek, the sounds of different things; cars, people but most of all my thoughts. I drank coffee while I give Rose a half hearted shrug trying to work out what she just said. Rose was my BFF and my partner in crime since when we were little so she knew me more than I know myself. People always think that were sisters because we’re always together.
“So where are we going to go tonight?” Rose asked.
“I don’t actually want to go somewhere tonight. I’ll probably stay at home.”
Rose looked at me curiously. “What the hell is up with you? Since when have you been like this? Wait let me answer that. Since.... NEVER!”
I just shrugged . “ I just want to get some rest.”
“Now I’m really worried. Is this about that fortune telling thing that lady told you about? Don’t tell me you believe those superficial stuff.”

That same day I was going to meet up with Rose when a lady came up to me. She was wearing what looked liked an expensive coat with matching gloves. She looked like someone from a noble family by the way she made herself stand, she had her brown curls drawn up in a bun and her blue eyes showed nothing but knowledge.  She looked at me whicj bewildered me because I haven’t known or met anyone like her so I thought she was looking at someone else until she asked me a weird question.
“Do you want to know what the fates have decided with you?”
Seeming like it doesn’t hurt to hear what she has to say and to be polite I told her... “Sure.”
“I’ll be straight with you. I know you don’t’ know me and wouldn’t believe me but you have to.”
“Um... sorry but I actually don’t believe in this kind of stuff, but I’m kind of interested in hearing what you have to say.”
The old woman looked at me with curiosity in her eyes she reached for my hand and touched the plam of my hand. Suddenly the woman looked at me with nothing in her eyes while she said,
“You will soon meet your death along with your new birth. You of all people are chosen to take on the path that is threaded for you. The choices you make will always make a difference. Beware of everyone around you. Good luck to you.”
“What are you talking about.” I asked her bewildered by what she just said.
After a few seconds she suddenly looked like she got out of some trance and said. “Soon you will know.”
“Wait what are you talking about.” I tried to ask her again but then a car suddenly skidded in front of us the next thing I knew she was gone.

“I just need to sleep by tomorrow I’ll be fine.” I assured Rose.
“Are you sure? Do you want me to come with you?” Rose asked clearly worried. I shouldn’t have told her.
“ I’m fine I can go home by myself. You should go have fun.”
“Okay but call me when you get home okay.”
“I’ll call you. Promise.”