Chapter 5 ~Jason~

Jason

Crap. That's all I can think at the moment. Crap crap crappety crap! CRAP!

I killed this girl! NO! This can't be happening!

Desperately, I lean down to her and attempt thirty compressions, like we were taught in school. After thirty, I hesitate. OK, this is kinda weird, but it's definitely called for. I tilt her head back, open her mouth and place my mouth on her. Two big breaths. Back to thirty compressions.

I continue to do this. It's not actually that bad. I kind of enjoy doing the breaths. It's like kissing someone. I never have, though I told my friends that I kissed Amber.

The girl's lips taste sweet, like a mixture of sea-salt and strawberry. She begins to stir. I want to keep 'kissing' her, but it seems wrong.

She opens her eyes, and I find myself staring into them. They are a chocolate brown colour, but they seem to suck you into them. I can practically feel myself drowning in them.

"You saved me..." she whispers. I stiffly nod, staring at her lips, wanting to 'kiss' her again. But it seems wrong, like she's my sister or something.

I frown. "Wait...Why did you lessen your strength kind of after I said my name?"

"Ummm..." she sighs. "I suppose I can't keep it from you anyways..."

"Keep what from me?" I ask eagerly.

"The fact that you are a triplet. I am your sister and we have another brother, Harry Potter," she says matter-of-factly.

I was speechless. Huh. Guess I was right to stop doing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. "Well, if I'm Jason Potter, then we have a brother called Harry Potter, then...who are you?"

"Gabrielle Potter," she says, looking directly into my eyes.

I wince. I know that name from somewhere. I want to know where, but then I don't, because I know there is some bad memory associated with that name. Then, suddenly, I remember.

It was a cold, cold night. We stayed up late, because Daddy was making smoke come out of the end of his wand, and we wanted to keep watching it. Gabby laughed and clapped her hands with delight as some more smoke came out of the wand.

Suddenly, the door burst open. Gabby's laugh turned into a scream, and I saw Mummy and Daddy exchange worried looks. I waddled away and hid under the couch, but Gabby and Harry were trapped in the cot.

"Lily!" Daddy screams. "Lily! Takes the kids and run! I'll hold him off!"

I could hear an evil laugh downstairs as Mummy screamed.

"James!" she sobbed. She ran around the room, looking for me. I wanted to make a noise so Mummy would know where I was and we could escape, but I couldn't. I knew something bad was happening.

I heard Daddy sprint down the stairs, and that evil laugh again. Then there was a voice.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" the voice screamed. Mummy screamed as well. "JAMES! NO!" She ran frantically around the room, barricading us in by putting chairs against the door.

Then I heard the voice again, blasting the door open. "Stand aside, you silly girl," It was saying.

"No!" sobbed Mummy. "Kill me! Just don't hurt them!"

I uncovered my eyes and saw a creature standing in our bedroom. It looked half-human and half-snake. The creature pauses for a second, then grinning cruelly, he raises the stick in his hand.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" the creature screams. Mummy falls to the floor.

The creature slowly turns to the cot, where Gabby and Harry are screaming and crying. I shrink under the couch even more.

"Well, Gabrielle Potter," the creature purrs. "Meet your end...AVADA KEDAVRA!" the creature screams a third time. Gabby falls down like Mummy did.

Harry screams in terror as he looks at Gabby and Mummy.

"But where is Jason Potter?" the creature whispers. "Probably died with fear. Now, it's your turn, Harry Potter. The prophecy states...'Neither can live while the other survives'...AVADA KEDAVRA!"

The building seems to fall apart. A green light bursts out of the creature's stick. It hits Harry, but he doesn't collapse like Mummy and Gabby did. Instead the green light slices his forehead in a lightning bolt shape.

I can hear myself screaming in tune with Harry. The creature is wailing, shrinking to the floor, it's body shrivelling.

I close my eyes, to avoid looking at Mummy and Gabby's still bodies, to avoid looking at the creature's shrivelled body, to avoid looking at the proof of this horrible night...

I open my eyes. "Gabby?" I whisper. She looks at me, she knows what I just saw, and her eyes are filled with tears. All of a sudden, I stand up and hug her as if there is no tomorrow. I can feel her tears on my shoulder.

I pull back. "Gabby? You are supposed to be dead! I saw you die! He killed you, and mum and dad! He tried to kill Harry, but it didn't work! Why are you alive?" I blabber.

She smiles, but it seems more like a grimace. "It almost sounds like you regret that I'm alive, Jason," she says softly. "I don't know why I'm alive. There are thousands of times that I should've died, but for some reason I never have. Like when Mr Brown stabbed me, I should've died. Like just then, I did die, but you saved me. It's like I'm a cat, with nine lives! What's wrong with me!" she demands of thin air. She looks around furiously, but her eyes soften as her gaze turns on me.

I feel slightly uncomfortable. "Look, I don't know what's wrong with you, but I really think I should get back. Mrs Ingall will worry," I say, rolling my eyes. "Anyways, I'm guessing you're going to Hogwarts tomorrow?"

She nods. "See you tomorrow, then," she says turning away.

"Wait!" I call. She turns around, eyebrows raised. I hesitate, then give her another hug.

"I'm so glad you and Harry are alive," I whisper. She simply nods and we walk away.

Gabby, my sister, is amazing.

I felt like she has changed me into a better person already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, not much of a cliffhanger, but Jason admits that Gabby is turning him into a better person!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Sadly, no picture on the side this time! I coldn't find one to fit!

So vote, comment, fan!

I love hearing your feed back even if it is criticism (i prefer polite criticism but :D)

from turnip51 ;)