Prompt #70

Prompt: It's the night of senior prom, and Will is too busy so Ethan's all depressed and let's face it, Benji and Gideon aren't making it better. But, just as the couples dance comes on, Ethan is pulled to his feet by a certain moody boyfriend of his

--------------------------------------------------------

"You are so handsome," my mom said, hugging me tightly.

"I'm well aware," I said, stepping away from her. My parents and my friends' parents had just blinded all of us by taking a record amount of pictures. But our limo was here now, and it was time to go.

It was senior prom and we were all dressed up neatly. Benji and Gideon had been eyeing each other nonstop, blushing and mumbling about how cute the other looked. Sonnet was meeting up with a friend once we got to the prom.

And me, I was alone for the night. My lovely boyfriend was caught up doing work for the show he ran at school. He'd told me last minute that he wouldn't be able to make it. I had played it off like I didn't mind, but in reality, I was feeling pretty shitty about the whole situation. I'd let my stupid romantic side shine through and pictured us dancing together to some cheesy slow song. Goddammit. I should've known that I wouldn't get the dream night. Even if Will had been able to come, the guy hated dancing.

"Ethan, come on!" Benji called, gesturing me over.

"Have fun, Ethan," mom said, giving me a small smile. "I'm so sorry Will couldn't make it."

I shrugged. "It's fine. He'd probably just break up with me after seeing the nightmare inducing flails that I call dancing."

I turned and went over to my friends. We climbed into the limo and I watched as Benji and Gideon cuddled up against each other. I knew that they would no doubt be dancing to any slow songs together. And Sonnet would probably take off and go dance with her other friends once we got there.

"Hey, sorry my brother ditched you," Sonnet said, sliding over next to me.

"I'll just have to cheat on him with you as revenge," I said. "You look really hot. If I was straight, I'd totally dump your brother. I'm surprised he let you out of the house looking like this."

"He was locked in his room doing work, otherwise he probably would've thrown a blanket over me and followed me around all night with a gun," Sonnet said.

"He didn't want to come anyways. I could tell when I gave him the ticket," I said. "What an asshole. He better give me amazing make up sex for this."

"I really didn't want to hear that and I have lost all sympathy for you," she said with a sigh.

"Whatever, just a few months ago I didn't even plan on going to senior prom. So, really, this is an improvement," I said. "Besides, at least Will isn't leaving me out in the rain this time. I actually got a warning that I was getting ditched."

I looked over and, sure enough, Benji was blushing and shyly saying something to Gideon about how good he looked (which he totally looked amazing and DAMN THAT ASS). Gideon kissed Benji and then smiled at him, the two looking genuinely happy to be going together.

Sonnet slapped my back good naturedly. "Cheer up, kid. You can come dance with me and my friends."

"All the single ladies and the abandoned gay puppy," I said.