Chapter 63: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"So he managed to find you?" He asked without looking up.

"Yes" I replied simply, but it's not like I was still trying to hide from him.

"And was Rin with him?" He questioned.

"No" I replied and he finally looked over, seemingly surprised. To be honest we both had expected her to be at his side.

"Really?" He responded and I noticed him chuckle.

"Maybe she's figured it out" He mused and I nodded.

"Perhaps" I replied as I got to my feet.

"And you understand your duties if she hasn't?" I reminded and he sighed.

"You've only explained it everyday since she left" He replied annoyed.

"But what makes you think she'll know where to find you two?" He asked.

"She'll know" I said simply.

"I only hope that she'll be ready"

=============================================================================================

Rin

I felt unusually warm and heard the shuffle of feet. I remained perfectly still, waiting for it to pass. Leaf shinobi in charge of guarding the perimeter didn't usually stray this far from the village and definitely don't use this place as a shortcut. I heard the movement again and realized it was coming from inside the same room. I opened my eyes slowly, blinking a few times and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. It took a minute but the room eventually came into focus. I glanced around the shrine and there he was, sitting across from me pouring tea.

"You take it with honey right?" I sat up slowly, noticing the blanket and pillow but I kept my focus on him activating my Sharingan in the process. So this wasn't a genjutsu.

"Sh-Shikamaru?" I questioned and he nodded.

"You don't need your sharingan, I'm not here to arrest you again. Just answer the question" He replied.

"Um, yeah" I replied cautiously. He nodded finishing the tea before sitting down and offering me one of the cups. I reached for it slowly, and looked down at the tea before looking at him. He finally met my gaze and I let the sharingan fade.

"You're confused" He noted and I nodded.

"The Genjutsu I cast..."

"Faded, I assume when you passed out while meditating." He replied.

"Okay" I said slowly.

"But that still doesn't explain this" I said motioning to him.

"I've been tracking your movements for weeks" He replied.

"That's impossible, I've been off the radar since the three-tails" I objected and he shrugged.

"To most yes, but I'm not most people."

"That still doesn't explain anything" I replied, annoyed at his dodging around the question. He sighed as he set the tea on the floor and pressed his hands together.

"Alright, I couldn't be certain of your whereabouts. In fact, I never was, I only had a general idea. You weren't included in the intel of Orochimaru's death or the take downs of other jinchuriki. So you obviously weren't with Sasuke. You also were not involved in the main objective of the Akatsuki, which let's face it you tend to work independently from their cause and provide income with your trade" He explained to which I nodded slightly.

"When Lady Tsunade deployed a platoon to capture Itachi in an attempt to lure Sasuke, that confirmed that Sasuke was finally going after him. So where would you be then? Logically, as I saw it, with Itachi the brother you seem to have more pull with."