10

chanel;

i woke up in the screening room, confused at first, but then I remembered yesterday. i checked my phone to see it was time for me to go to school. i changed quickly and and brushed my hair as fast as i could. the bus had probably left so i went downstairs to get my keys. " chanel come here, im in the kitchen. " i hear. i walk in the kitchen to see my mom in her silk robe. " whats up?" i ask, why isnt she in her work attire? " your father and i got in a fight, and i have a business trip to go to, it is your job to take care of char because grandma went home for a bit. im pretty sure your father is leaving somewhere to but i dont care. " my mom said with no emotion. i was heartbroken by her words. my dad was her highschool sweetheart, and they always seemed happy.

i nodded and went upstairs to get charlette. my phone began to vibrate and it was a text message.
cameron: where are you?

me: im omw i just need to get charlette ready bc i have to being her.

cameron: okay babe

i read the message and blushed. i grabbed charlette after she had put on a small pink dress and ran out to my car. she buckled herself in and i drove as fast as i could.

-

as i walked in my professor stopped the lesson. " ms chanel why are you late and why do you have a child with you. ?" she says taking off her glasses. "no one was home to take care of her so i was forced to bring her with me." i say as i continue to walk up the steps. i sit in the seat next to cameron and take my notebook out. by now charlette had gone to sit on camerons lap, so i began to take notes and write in my journal.

i took notice of how beautiful cameron is. he's so very understanding and he just radiates positive energy that i've been craving for so long. as no one ever paid attention to me and this is all new. its hard for me to express my feelings towards him

journal entry:

i love you and its hard to cope with because i know you like me back, but im new to this and im just afraid of getting hurt. and now there's so much pressure added to my system that i know one day i will collapse and find myself dead under all the bad things that have ever happened to me. but if i do know one thing thats good is that you can be in a relationship for 2 years and feel nothing; you could be in a relationship for 2 weeks and feel everything. time is not a measure of love and you, cameron have taught me all about it.