18

Cover in media by @MeAndTheUnknown1 thanks a bunch! :)

Song = the one Darcy sang in this chapter :3

*giggles* you'll all love me at the end of the chapter. it totally makes up for updating on Tuesday and not the weekend.

-

Darren's POV

I watch as Blaire stretches out, slowly opening her eyes. She pushes herself up and out of bed.

"Where are you going?" I whine from the bed.

She sticks her tongue out at me and walks into the bathroom. I watch before tuning into her mind. Her mind was full of things, always curious and always wanting to know more. I didn't mean to, but the rest of the day yesterday, I took advantage of the mark and was always in her mind. It gave her no privacy but she didn't particularly realize.

I close my eyes, listening to her thoughts as she looks at herself in the bathroom mirror. She judges how she looks, how her hair is messy from sleep and how her arms still look too small. Calder had talked to her about that, gaining weight to be healthier.

Then she thinks about her mark. I smile proudly as she thinks about how she loved the moment of being marked, replaying it in her head. I pull out of her mind, not wanting to take advantage of her today. She didn't know how to block me out, and I don't want to teach her, but I will have to at one point.

I watch as she walks out. "Do... you have alpha duties?"

"Yes." I reply.

"Can I come?" Blaire sits on the edge of the bed.

"If you'd like," I slowly. "But you'll get bored."

"I want to come." Blaire says sternly as she pulls out clothes for herself with some troubles. She puts them on and then leaves the room.

I sigh and go have a quick shower. The hot water feels good on my skin and absently, even though I told myself I wouldn't, I slip into Blaire's mind again.

She's focused on making breakfast, although, she's not doing a very good job at it. She has to hop up onto the counter to get the bowls. I take note to move them to a lower shelf.

I step out and shake my head. Stay out of Blaire's head. I dry my hair with a towel and find myself clothes before heading downstairs. Blaire is eating her favourited Fruit Loops while playing around on my phone. I left it out for her because she enjoyed one of the games and played when she was bored or wanted to take her mind off something.

Music blares from a Bluetooth speaker in the house and Blaire jumps, throwing the phone and almost falling off her seat. I bite my lip to keep myself from laughing and her gaze swivels to me. Her eyes wide in surprise and her body still tense.

"It's just music baby." I chuckle. "Now keep eating." I go kiss her forehead.

Going to pick up the phone, I glance back at her. She went back to eating, her hair falling forward as she leans over the table.

"I like this..." She struggles for the word.

"Song." I fill in. She nods and finishes her cereal, putting the bowl in the sink. I watch as she starts bouncing to the beat. "Have I got myself a little dancer?"

"I don't know what that means." Blaire replies.

"Come here." I motion. Blaire walks over and I guide her one arm to where it would go if we were ballroom dancing. I place one arm around her waist and I take her other hand. Swiftly I start spinning us.