What the Fuck is a Cryptid?

"I'm you're best friend Ms. Zero Davenport. And happy 17th birthday." The male cooed slyly. I backed up. "Sorry, but I think I would remember a "friend" like you." She said making the quotation marks in the air. "How the hell do you know my name? And that today's my birthday."
He sighed and sat on the windowsill, his long legs inside the house. "That's no way to treat an old friend who remembered your birthday all this time when you forgot about them." He said crossing his arms and pretending to pout.
I rolled my eyes. Who was this freak? "So who are you them? What are you?"
The male smile. "I'm Xliam (Author's note: it's pronounced Zalam in case your wondering.). And I'm a vampire." He stated and then let out a toothy grin, showing his fangs. He then turned his attention to my right hand, knowing it was in pain. He then grabbed it before I could dodge his hand. "This hand is in pain, no?" He questioned tilting his head, putting his index and his middle finger between my knuckles. I nodded reluctantly. "Sorry about that. I had to take your blood some years ago so I could track you done if anything ever happened, like you moving. Which happened, no thanks to your parents." He stated and then twisted his fingers slightly on my knuckles and the pain went away. "The smell of your blood is quite rare though. So I probably would have found you either way just by sniffing you out, but that's a dog's way of doing such things." He rambled on as I remembered how he sniffed me before.
"So that's why you sniffed me?" I questioned, taking my hand back.
"Wow! You caught if fast!" Xliam stated sarcastically.
"Oh shut the fuck up." I stated pissed off. "Okay so let's pretend I buy the whole, I'm a vampire and old bestie bullcrap. Why look for me now? Not three years ago when I first moved here? And why would I forget having a vampire friend!?" I started, somewhat pissed off.
"Because it wasn't the right time then and your stupid?" He shrugged smirking. I simply glared at him I show my anger. "Joking, joking. I made you forget me. Simple as that." He stated with a shrug. "Plus it's not like we hung out 24/7 we hung out at night, you even snuck out of your house a couple of times to hang with me." He smirked.
"Are you an idiot? Like I'd believe that. How can a vampire eve-" i stopped myself. "Wait, no, vampires can do that..." I said said as if i knew everything about vampires. "Vampire's reflections can also be seen in mirrors... And your eyes only change color when feeding or hunting... And you gain color in your cheeks while you feed. And and, vampire's don't die in sunlight, they just don't like it and get sunburnt easily." I rambled on for a while, I was so sure I was right by I had no knowledge of the subject.
He male smirked and the nodded. "Exactly. That's a thing you can do. Know everything about any species."
I paused for a moment thinking things through. "Is that why you followed me?" I questioned. "Is that fact I can do that important to you?"
He looked that me, his eyes fading to a normal state of brown. "Well, not that in particular. I mean you are the Cryptid Keeper, you only exist when you're needed. So i would say your important to me as well as everyone else on this planet and even others." He shrugged.
"Let say I believe this, which I don't, but what the fuck is a Cryptid?" I asked stubbornly.