Birthday Basher

As far as I can remember, my life has always been a weird one. It consisted of such strange, paranormal, and simply out of the ordinary events. Like once, when I was about 4, I was riding my bike around the neighborhood and when I came back, I see this fucking huge bird sitting a top my neighbors house. It has to be about 4'6, the weigh of at least two humans, and I don't even wanna image how long it's wing span had to be. And to be honest, the creature didn't even look like a bird, it looked exactly like a pterodactyl, like the ones you see in museums. Then there was another time where packages fell through the ceiling. No joke, the just went straight though the ceiling like some ghost shit. Being the kid I was, I started having a panic attack when I saw the boxes fall right through the ceiling. I ran screaming for my mother. Finally she opened the boxes and it had some decorations for my room that she actually ordered. And there was yet another weird occurrence, when I was in about kindergarten, I woke up with fang marks on my hand. When I looked at it there was no blood to be found anywhere, even though the fang marks where deep. But being the kid I was, I had no idea what happened and I felt very weak, so I managed a small scream and my parents came running up the stairs. They kept saying it was nothing so I believed them, that is until I grew older and learned how vampires worked. I was so convinced I was a vampire from that story, I was a vampire because of that situation that in third grade until even now, I state I'm a vampire to all my friends and tell them the story. There where even other occurrences, like seeing the future, seeing ghosts, hearing the ticking of a clock even when all the clocks where turned off or digital, and so many other things. It's not even that surprising I ended up being the way I did, weird and over-imaginative. Though the strange occurrences died down when I moved, I still used my imagination on an unhealthy level. I basically live in my own world and my friend from my new town even calls me schizophrenia. But things started to add up on the eve of my 17th birthday.

🕯

I'm just gonna cut the crap and get right to the point. I'm not gonna give you a overview of my day leading up to after school cause that shit's unimportant. Let's just do straight to my friends. Let's start with Sasha. Sasha was actually the first friend I made when I moved and she's my best friend. She has brown eyes with brown hair that's dip dyed purple. She's very friendly and loves to give hugs. She has a Russian accent so she does like public speaking much. Then there's Maya, she's my other best friend. She had blonde hair, brown eyes, is pretty tan, and is rather skinny. She was basically the American definition of a beautiful girl. She's rather shy however but is very kind, though sometimes she can be a bit derpy but it makes her even more lovable and causes you to laugh a lot. Then there's Dylan. Dylan, for starters, is a girl. Don't let her name fool you. So Dylan has short light brown hair and hazel eyes. She short and very pale, probably paler than me and I'm pale. She's a tomboy and loves the same music as me. Then we have Vanessa, she's the shortest of us all, but her hair is dark red with luscious curls, it's super pretty and her eyes are a simple brown. She's super sweet but if you get her mad, better run to China. Finally, there is Beyonce. Beyonce is around a bit taller that me and has short, curly black hair and dark chocolate eyes. She's probably the sassiest and makes the funniest faces on snapchat. Then there's me, Zelda "Zero" Davenport. I'm 16, short, being 5'2, pretty pale, I have grey eyes, and I dye my hair, a lot, at the moment it's bright green, though my natural hair color is dark brown. Now that we have all the introductions out of the way, I can start my story.
Let's see. Right after school I basically sprinted home, I hated that place plus cake was defiantly not gonna get shoved in my mouth at school, I love cake. So as I said before, I sprinted home, even though I absolutely hate running, and I got ready, changing into a black and white stopped shirt, black skirt, black tights, and black combat boots and doing my hair and fixing my makeup. I then sat on the couch happily until Dylan came with all my friends in her car for my 17th birthday.
The first thing we did was go to the mall. We had fun joking around, going on all the kids rides, ate some pizza, and went shopping of course. But the odd thing was, I felt like wherever we went in the mall, this strange guy would follow. He was just as pale as Dylan and has very pastel purple hair and his eyes. Well I could have sworn they where a glowing purple, but I shrugged them off as contact lenses or odd lighting.
Finally, we all finished up at the mall and headed to the movies. We decided to see a horror movie, against Sasha's and Vanessa's opinion. My friends then headed to the bathroom so they would have to go during the movie, especially Vanessa, she has a small bladder. As I waited for them out in front of the bathroom, I couldn't help but notice a figure not to far from me, dressed in all black. Right when I saw his hair I knew it was the creep from earlier, and being the idiotic person I am, I confronted him. I somehow thought if that tall guy was a crazy stalker I'd be able to chase him off with my short self, and I guess I wasn't too wrong about crazy and getting rid of him while we where at the movies. So like I said before, I confronted the guy. I marched over to were he was. "Oi." I said bluntly crossing my arms.
He peered at me with his definite purple eyes. "What?" He sailed simply in reply.
"Don't 'what' me." I stated with a slight growl. "Why do you keep following us?" U question angrily.
The guy stared at me for a moment before stepping closer to me, cornering me into a wall. At this point, I stated to realize how idiotic I was being. The taller male lend his head in getting closer to mine. I flinched closing my eyes but all I heard was a deep inhale. I opened my eyes to see him smirking deviously. "Well I guess it is you." He said in a thick Romanian accent as he stood up straight again. The girl blinked as he turned around. He walked a few steps before turning his head to look back at me. "Pana data viitoare, Zero." He stated with a slight wave of the hand before walking off again. I was about to run after him when I heard Maya call out for me.
"Hey Zelda, everyone is almost ready and movie is about to start. I sighed, letting out all the shock I just went through, and turned to my friend. "Of course Maya." I smiled and then followed her. I looked back once, still curious as the who that guy was and how he knew my old nickname.

-

Finally, the party was over and Dylan dropped me off back at my place. I sighed, the day was so long and weird at that. I hurried up he stair and into my room. I quickly took a shower and put on a gray shirt and black sweatpants. I left my damp hair alone and headed down the stairs to grab a piece of marble cake and a hot chocolate. After cutting myself a ginormous piece of cake and made myself a hot chocolate, it was already past midnight. I sighed and quickly turned on the tv and sat on the couch, digging into my cake and sipping my drink. After one episode of Hey Arnold! I felt an odd pit in my stomach and my hand stinging in my right hand. I grabbed my hand with my left hand quickly. It wasn't a horrible pain, but it wasn't too pleasant non the less. That's when something caught my eye. I looked outside the window and saw none other than that creep from earlier. I stared at him, my heart began to race, and my idiotic tendencies left me for once. I quickly grabbed my phone from out of my pocket, still staring at the odd guy. As I was dialing 911, I realized something, the guy wasn't standing, he was floating. I don't know what about that made me feel better, but it did. I cautiously kept my phone in my hand, ignore the stinging coming from it, and walked towards the window, opening it. "W-what the hell are you?"
The guy smirked and floated over to the window. "Aw, Zero, you don't remember me?" He asked sarcastically but then realized I was serious, so he turd serious. "Ugh this is going to be more work for me." He then smirked, bringing his face closer to mine. "I'm you're best friend Ms. Zero Davenport. And happy 17th birthday."