Car Trouble

Chapter 2

Lowell's P.O.V.

I couldn't get Derek's image out of my head. Long after the gas station, long after I settled into my apartment, long after I left my old life behind, the only thing that remained was the strange attraction to Derek Hale. It's been about two weeks since I've talked with Derek at the old, run-down gas station on the city limits of Beacon Hills. I haven't seen him since then, and for some strange reason I've been wanting to. I hardly talked to him for five minutes, and yet, I can't seem to get him out of my mind.

On the way home from work one Tuesday night, my stupid truck broke down again. I got out of my truck and opened the hood, and jumped back when a huge puff of smoke came out of the engine. I sighed frustratingly when I knew I couldn't fix it, and help was miles away from where I was stranded. I kicked my car and began tearing up because I knew that I couldn't walk home from here.

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I saw car lights coming from a distance. Luckily the person driving saw my truck on the side of the road and pulled over to help. My heart jumped when I saw who stepped out of the familiar black Camaro.

It was none other than Derek Hale.

He stepped out of the car with that gorgeous smile of his. "Need a hand?"

I wiped my eyes and nodded. "I honestly don't know what's wrong. I don't anything about cars except how to drive them."

He kind of chuckled and looked under the hood. "I'm not exactly sure, but we should probably call in a tow truck."

"Are they open this late?" Derek nods and pulls out his phone and begins to dial a number. He put the phone to his ear and his hand in his pocket. As a result of his stance, my heart melted.

After a few short moments, he hung up the phone and put it back in his jeans pocket. "No luck, all the tow trucks are being used. Would you like me to drive you home?"

"What about my truck?"

"I've given them the location, they said they'll send one as soon as possible. I'll come back after I drop you off at home and wait for the tow truck. Then in the morning I'll take you to the shop so you can pick up your truck." He walked over and put his arm around me. The delectable scent of his cologne filled my nose, and his warmth made my heart stop. He must've known that I was crying.

"Are you sure? I don't want to make you go through all this trouble."

He smiled and led me to the passenger side of his car. He opened the door and I lowered myself onto the leather seat. He walked around, leaving me just enough time to catch my breath from being so suddenly close to him. He got in the driver's seat and started the engine; it's low roar turned into a hum as he switched it to drive.

"Where to, m'lady?" Butterflies engulfed my body and left me momentarily parylized from this simple question.

I looked at him and saw that he was staring at me expectantly with those beautiful hazel eyes. "Uh, just go straight until you hit the fork in the road. Then take a right."

"As you wish." I felt a shiver run through my body as he quoted my favorite movie.

He started driving down the road, but my eyelids started to feel heavy. How late was it, anyway? I checked the time on the dashboard. 2:30 AM. Why was he driving around at 2:30 in the morning?

Before I could ask him, I was transported into a dark, quiet world of slumber.

                                                         *                                 *                              *

When I opened my eyes, I had to adjust to the light before I realized I had no idea where I was.

What was I thinking? I barely even know this Derek guy. Why would I let him drive me home? I'm not even home! Where am I, anyway? I can't believe I was stupid enough to trust him. I only met him once before this morning. Furious, I got out of bed and walked out the bedroom door.

I saw Derek standing there in the hallway, and my anger was transformed into butterflies.

"Sleep well?" He asked.

"Yeah, I did... Where are we?" I asked, remembering the motive to get out of bed in the first place.

"My place. I didn't want to wake you to ask how to get to your house, so I just decided to let you bunk over at my house."

"Wait, what time is it?" He pulled his phone out of his jeans pocket.

"9:45, why?"

"Shit, my shift started at nine. Melissa will be so pissed at me if I'm late." I ran fingers through my hair and started thinking up of excuses for being late.

"Lowell, it's alright." Hearing him say my name sent chills down my spine, and all worry left my being. "How about you just skip work today?"

"And do what?" My pulse seemed to accelerate with excitement as I knew his answer.

"How about we spend the day together, just us two?" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't this a cute chapter? No? Ohkay. Oh well, we hope you enjoyed it though! Read on!

-The_Hoechlin_Girls