Need Some Company

I sat in the car driving. I looked over at Kate. Poor kid. Lost the only family she has left. Just cause we needed to see Carlos.

But she did tell me she had relatives in Florida.

I'm going to stop at a motel and have her call them. I can't let her be like me. I've ruined her enough.

My grip on the wheel tightened as I remembered what happened at the beginning of this.

I noticed my brothers... lingering glances and stares at her. Then I remembered when I walked in on them.

Kate said she tried to persuade Richie to let her family go.

But Richie wanted to take things further.

----

"What were you doing? A little 'I show you mine. You show me yours?'" I asked. All the while he was calling for her.

I stopped him.

"What the hell were you thinking? She's a minor." I snapped. He was looking at her.

A longing in his gaze.

" We can keep her you know. You and me?" He said. "What?" "We can share Kate. I want to keep her. When we kissed.... I wanted to claim her. Love her."

"Your not keeping her. She's a kid." I said. "She'll be eighteen next month. I promise. If we keep her we don't have to touch her until after her birthday."

"No Richard. We ar r my keeping her. Your to get it out of your head." I growled.

"Fine. I'll just keep her to myself." He said, looking into my eyes. Challenging me.

"No your not. We're here to do a job. Nothing else. Not to hook up with minors." I walked away.

-------

I sighed at the memory.

I knew that he'll come looking for her. That snake bitch that turned him told me his one desire was Kate.

I looked over at her.

She was a beautiful girl. Am d would become even more beautiful as she grows.

She's strong, forgiving, and smart.

My type....

No Seth. Don't go there.

"You're strong kid. I'll give you that." Was all I said. Then kept quite as I drove off.