Meeting Her

Chapter 1

Derek's P.O.V.

I leaned against my black Camaro as the gas pumped into my car. I used my hand as a mask to dull the horrid scent of gas. My eyes were drawn from the rising numbers to a red 1997 Ford Ranchero that drove up to the pump next to mine. A young woman, around my age, stepped out of the truck. Her reddish-blond hair was pulled up in a messy bun, whilst wearing a light blue tank top and sweat pants. She pulled off her Aviator sunglasses to reveal electric blue eyes. She was nothing short of flawless without even trying. She glanced at me, and that was when I realized that I was staring at her. She smiled and my heart skipped a beat. I smiled back and looked away. But that was when I realized that I should have kept my gaze.

Say something idiot! I thought to myself.

"Nice day, isn't it?" I looked back at her and waited for a reply. She looked up and chuckled.

"If you consider grey clouds and rain sniffing at your tail." I'm such an idiot! Knowing that I regretted saying that, she smiled. "I kind of like stormy weather. The sun isn't in my eyes." I smiled back. What was happening to me? I never act like this. Ever.

"I've never seen you around here before. Are you new to Beacon Hills?" I asked as I pulled the gas nozzle out of my car and put it back in the holder.

"Yeah. I decided to go on a road trip a while ago, and ended up falling in love with Beacon Hills. But my parents wanted me to go to college, so I did. However, the stress was too much, so I dropped out and began raising money to come back to Beacon Hills."

"Alone?"

"Yeah. I never had much luck with love. And my sister is too busy to go anywhere with me, so here I am."

"Well, I hope that I end up seeing you around sometime." I walked around the front of my car and opened the door.

"Oh, I didn't catch your name." She said before I stepped into the car.

"Derek. Derek Hale. And yours?"

"Lowell Bane." I nodded and smiled and lowered into my Camaro. Man, I hope that I get to see her again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! This is a interesting start, but we hope you peeps like it! Read on!

-The_Hoechlin_Girls