Chapter four

Jaykiy's pov

" let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the highrock for a clan meeting!" I hear Firestar call out. I sit by the nursery easily hearing Firestar's words. I never have understood why Firestar called the meeting so loud. You would think he was trying to call to ShadowClan. I waited for all of the cats to settle down. I also don't understand why he says, all cats old enough to catch their own prey. He speaks so loud us kits can hear him anyway. Now that I think about it, every cat yells all the time. It used to hurt my ears but, now I have grown used to it. I wonder what this meeting is about. I can't be made an apprentice yet, I'm only five moons old. I sat by the den and listened to Firestar. " cats! I wanted you all to know there I a very special kit whom must be thanked today" his gaze met mine as he continued. " Jaykit? Please come to the highrock. " Squirrelflight bounded over and picked me up by the scruff. Geez these cats think that I'm deaf as well as blind. I could hear him fine! I was set down underneath the highrock and I sniffed my way to where Firestar was. He rested his head on my muzzle. " Jaykit I would like to publicly thank you for letting us know about the battle you were correct! I am very glad you knew because Brambleclaw could have been killed... He is in the medicine cats den and is recovering. Thank you and thank starclan for Brambleclaw being ok after all." He mewed a dismiss to me and I ran off to the nursery while he continued his meeting- which I hear all of. " Milli will also be moving to the nursery as well as Whitewing." I could feel the happiness spread through the clan. I can only picture Greystripe's chest puffed up with pride. Great. The nursery is going to be even more crowded.