Chapter three

Jaypaw's POV

"Lionpaw please come forward." Lionpaw padded up to Hollykit to partake in our game. "Is Lionpaw ready to become a warrior, Brambleclaw?" Hollykit asked. "I am" Lionkit finished okay then. Lionpaw, Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan with your life?" Lionkit fluffed his fur. "I do, Hollystar." He purred. "Then from this moment on you shall be known as, Lionstrike." Hollykit mewed. "Jaypaw please come forward." I ran up to Hollykit. "As your mentor I think you are ready to become a warrior." She meowed. "Jaypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan with your life?" Hollykit squeaked. "I do." I meowed. "Then from this moment on you shall be known as, noeyes" she finished then darted away from me. "Hey! Get back here fox face!" I yelled. I listened to the thumping of the ground to figure out where Hollykit was. She was running toward Firestar's den. I bolted after her and my sheathed claw satisfyingly found the soft fur of my sister. She yowled and fell to the soft ground. "No claws" she pouted. "Oh waaa Hollykit there are sheathed " I mewed. She needs to be more tough. Just then did I smell blood. "Oh Hollykit I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" She cry worried I really hurt my sister. " it's not a big deal there's hardly a mark. " she replied. "But I smell blood." I insist. The. I heard a faint battle cry somewhere in the forest. A battle! I run away from the nursery and charge into firestar's den "Firestar! There's a battle in the forest!!" I yowl "our clan mates need help!" Firestar looked at me. "How do you know this Jaykit?" He mewed. "I just do! There's no time to waste!" I cry worried for my clan mates. " Jaykit, if this is a game-" Firestar started, " it's not I know how serous this is! Please just trust me!" Firestar nodded. "Ok but if this is a game, expect a consequence. He padded on the high rock. And yowled a gathering. " cats! We must join a battle I will take with me, greystripe, honeyfurn, cloudtail, brightheart, and whitewing. No apprentices this time. He ran from the high rock and into the forest, his rescue patrol behind him.