Unexpected leave

Shadow sat in the coffee shop drinking his daily mug and reading the newspaper. People who work there know Shadow's usual, he comes there everyday. Shadow image now is represented as a hero. Long ago people hated Shadow due to crimes he never committed until Sonic fixed his situation. Shadow looked out side and noticed the "pink rat" know as Amy Rose, who claims to be "Sonic's Girlfriend". Shadow read her lips as she was talking to Sonic. "Oooh~ Valentines day is coming soon Sonikku~! Are you gonna give me something?" Amy squealed and Sonic made a disgusted face, eating his chili dog. "Yea yea Ames I'll get you something.." "Yaaaay~!" Amy jumped with happiness, Sonic chuckled, "Don't get too excited." Even though Sonic didn't love Amy, he still treats her like a normal gentleman should. Shadow turned away and continued to read his newspaper, finishing his daily coffee. Sonic finished his dog and noticed Shadow inside the shop, he smiled, Amy on the other hand, was talking about a date on the special day. "Hey Ames I'm gonna go I'll talk to you later. " "A-alright.." spoke the dissapointed Amy and watched Sonic run to the coffee shop. "Maybe I should give my Sonikku something too!" And she ran to the nearest mall in the area. Sonic walked in the shop and sat in front of Shadow, "Hey Shads " Shadow only ignored. "Shhhhaaadddddoooooowwwww..." Sonic spoke a little louder, wanting to piss off the hedgehog. Shadow grunted and looked over to the window and saw Sonic reflection and sighed. "What is it Faker" "What Chu doing" asked the curious Sonic. "What does it look like you dumbfuck. " Sonic paused before he said something ugly to the red streaked hedgehog, "R-reading" Sonic voice cracked and went deeper, "Are you sick? That didn't sound like your voice at a---" "YOU WANNA RACE?" Sonic had slammed his hand on the table causing everyone to stare, Shadow stared at Sonic too and whispered " What the hell is wrong with you?" Sonic took his hand off the table and cleared his throat and his ears flatten. "Have you have no manners?" Shadow questioned only to make Sonic look down to the ground "S-s-sorry" he shuddered with a feeling he had over 200 people eyes on him. Shadow sighed "Idiout." Sonic flinched at the word and looked at Shadow with a fake smile,"So Shadow.. do ya wanna race..? " Sonic looked at the clock then back at Shadow who seem to didn't care about what the nervous hedgehog was doing. "I don't feel like it today Faker" "Aww is someone afraid to l--" Shadow gave Sonic cold glare "I'm not in the goddamn mood." Sonic pouted and felt his heart sank, Sonic is really bored and want to spend time with Shadow before Amy came back to bother him. " Why you even fucking around with me, you should be with that pink girlfriend of yours" "Come on Shads I only w--" "Its Shadow, Not Shads, Faker." Sonic gritted his teeth and tapped the table with his finger, He was about to say something very rude to Shadow if he doesn't accept his request. Sonic was now getting very impatient with Shadow. Sonic looked at the clock then back at Shadow who only stared back at Sonic. Green met Ruby red as they both returned a cold gaze, Shadow didn't actually care, he just didn't want to see his blue rival today. Oh well. Sonic smirked and rubbed his finger under his nose, " I tell you what Shadow, I currently have a Chaos emerald on me right now, If you race me', Sonic chuckled "Ill give you the goddamn emerald, I don't have use for it." Shadow raised a eyebrow, Was Sonic actually gonna give him a emerald if he raced the Faker? Shadow thought about his decision " Alright, Winner takes emerald. " Shadow grinned and accepted Sonic's request.

Sonic and Shadow were at the edge of the city, stretching before the race. Shadow relaxed and got into position, Sonic looked at the clock then at the now forming orange creamy sky, 'Damn.. How long was I with Amy..?' Sonic wondered and also got into position. "Where are we racing to Faker." Sonic suddenly went blank, After making Shadow go through all this trouble just to make him race, Where was the finish line? " Uhh.. Uh.. how about.. Tails house? " "Alright " Shadow was now waiting for Sonic's signal. " Ready.. Set.. BISCUITS!" Shadow fell forward with a thud and groaned, " GO!" Sonic zoomed off leaving his speed trail. " You're so dead faker.. " Shadow quickly got up and ran behind Sonic. Sonic was laughing and enjoying his time while Shadow was at the point to shove his head up someone's ass. Literally. " COME BACK HERE YOU CHEATER! "lightning bolt was a inch away from Sonic as he quickly managed to dodge the sudden bolt. " WOAH! DID YOU JUST TRY TO HIT ME!? " " CLEARLY, I MISSED OBVIOUSLY, NOW HOLD STILL! " Shadow threw another chaos spear and Sonic dodged it again. " ALRIGHT, WE PLAYING DIRTY! GAME ON! " Sonic zoomed off to make a sonic boom. Shadow caught up to Sonic, Speed trails neck n neck Shadow almost took lead before he tripped on a wine bottle on the road, tumbling and going to a complete stop. Shadow groaned at looked at his now bleeding leg, Sonic skid to a hault. " Shadow? " Sonic walked to Shadow and kneeled down to him, "What happen there buddy?" "What does it look like." Sonic chuckled "Help I've fallen and I can't get up!" Sonic snorted and started laughing. Shadow on the other hand got very pissed with Sonic. "THIS IS WHY NO ONE TAKES YOU SERIOUSLY FAKER! YOU PLAY TO GODDAMN MUCH!" Shadow raised his voice and yelled at Sonic, causing him to jump at the sudden change in the atmosphere. ' No one takes me.. seriously?' The question flew around Sonic's head.. then Sonic thought about Shadow was probably joking around with him. Right? Sonic noticed the sun was gone and the clock struck 6pm. Sonic heart sank, he looked at Shadow them himself. 'I'm pretty sure he can take care of himself...' "Hey Shadow.. I gotta go.. meet with Amy.." Shadow raised a eyebrow, did Sonic just now thought about that pink rat? "I'm critically injured and you want to leave me injured?" A hint of anger was in red streaked hedgehog voice. Sonic started to get nervous and looked down at the sudden claws. " YEA YEA.. I GOTTA GO WELL YEA ILL TALK TO YOU LATER SEE YA! " Sonic ran off further into the city before going into the forest. Shadow was confused yet worried, Sonic wouldn't just leave anyone injured.. would he? Shadow grunted and looked around to see anyone could help, No luck. Shadow sighed and stood up and winced at the pain. "My house isn't to far from here.." Shadow spoke to himself and began the walk to his home. 'Why did he leave so unexpectedly..? ' Shadow asked himself, knowing he will have to ask tomorrow.

Please Comment if you enjoyed this, I'll make another part if I get enough views.