19 ~ Yearning and the Yule Ball

En başından başla

"You are a miracle worker Vixen!" cried Hermione.

Vixen shook her head, "Hermione you are a natural beauty and all I did was pull your hair back so the Bulgarian babe could really see your eyes. That is what the girls call him?" she asked with a smirk

Both girls giggled by the silly babe comment before Hermione said oh no! You need to get ready! Can I help in any way?

Vixen shook her head, "Nothing to worry about."

Vixen teleported Hermione to her dorm as she got into the shower and bathed in ice cold water before opening the package and to her surprise it was not what she expected.

The ball had all ready started and the champions were having their dance and Draco waited impatiently for his date at the bottom of the stairs.

"Where is that girl? I swear I will make her stay at the mansion a living hell if she stands me up!" he hissed as he paced back and forth in an agitated manner.

Just then he heard soft footstep and he jerked around and was in complete shock.

Vixen gracefully walked down the stairs in all her beauty in the golden gown he had sent her. The gown was woven with real gold and the diamonds were real. Her heels were solid gold and decorated with diamonds and the jewelry around her neck and dangling from her ears were imported from the best jeweler in Spain. The back of the gown trailed like waves down the stairs as did her haunted heart. She stared at the ground in defeat until she was at the bottom of the stairs where she glanced at Draco.

His mouth was gaped open as it was the first time he had seen her and once again she gently put her finger under his chin and closed his mouth. Her hands were like ice as were her eyes but still they were beautiful.

He finally managed to offer her his arm to escort her into the ballroom and as she touched him he felt his body go cold. As they walked she stared at the ground as if she was empty inside but as they drew closer and closer to the ballroom she held onto Draco tighter and tighter. It was clear she did not wish to attend the event. It angered Draco knowing it was probably because of that awful Cedric Diggory. At least he no longer spent so much time with her and trying to woo her.

When they entered the room gasps sounded as they laid eyes on Vixen. She didn't care if they laughed at her for she felt so lonely at this time.

He finally leaned close to her ear and softly whispered. "We can leave if you like. You are welcome to go and change and take the carriage to the manor if you please."

She shook her head and finally looked at him. "I'm sorry to ask this of you Mr. Malfoy but would you be so kind as to bring me some butter beer? I see your companions are at the table and if you wish to socialize with them then please do so and take your time. I will be here.

Draco was a bit hesitant but her cold stare seemed to almost push him away. As she stood there alone here eyes immediately found the hansom Cedric who was joyfully dancing with the lovely Cho Chang. A smile was plastered to his face as he led his date around the polished dance floor as the dark haired beauty giggling at something he had just said.

An annoying voice sounded behind her forcing her to take her eyes off the gleeful couple.

"So did you come here solo Venator?" hissed Lidia.

"No I did not" replied Vixen in a hushed tone. "Draco Malfoy courted me here this eve."

Lidia was now enraged. "How dare you steal my date! I am stuck here with Blaise Zambini now! Why did you have to ruin my night? You always ruin everything Vixen! However I know you cannot ruin my holiday! I have been formally invited to the Malfoy mansion for their new year's party!"