5 Months Later

5 MONTHS LATER

I was wearing a suit and waiting in the cortex. I rapidly tapped my foot on the ground waiting for Caitlin to arrive. I had told her to meet me in the cortex, the place we first met. In case it wasn't any more obvious, I'm proposing to her. I had the ring in my pocket. I was a little nervous, considering how her last marriage went. I heard heels clicking down the hallway, coming closer and closer to the cortex. Then she walked in, in a beautiful dress that was not to fancy, but not too casual. Her red hair bounced perfectly on her shoulders. She had a baffled look on her face. I walked over to her and grabbed her hand. We stood in front of the desk where she worked. I held both of her hands and breathed in.

"This is where we first met, almost three years ago," I said, looking around.

"Yeah, you woke up from your coma and I asked you to urinate in a cup," Caitlin said, laughing and smiling. I think she knew what was happening.

I laughed and said, "If I hadn't been struck by lightning and you hadn't saved me, I would've been waiting for Iris to come around and say she liked me back. I'm really glad I was struck by that lightning because, even though, I got speed, I also got you and that beats running at super-human speed any day. Through everything you have been there, whether it was fixing me up or getting me through the tough times," I bent down on one knee and opened the ring box, causing Caitlin to start crying tears of joy, "Will you make me the happiest man alive? Will you marry me?"

Caitlin stood there with her hands cupped over her mouth crying. She flipped her hair behind her shoulders and said, "Yes, absolutely yes!"

She bent down and kissed me. I took the shiny diamond ring out of the box and slipped it on her finger. I kissed her again and helped her up. I walked her out of the cortex and carried her, bridal style, back home. I set her down and changed out of my suit. I sat down on the couch next to her and put my arm around of her.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked, smiling.

"Well, we should announce the news to Joe and Iris. Then maybe go out to dinner," Caitlin told me.

"Ok! Let's go then!" I said, getting up off the couch, reaching my hand out to help her up.

"One problem, we sort of left the car in the S.T.A.R. Labs parking lot!" She informed me, taking my hand and getting off the couch.

I picked her up once again and carried her to the parking lot. We hopped in the car and drove to the police station. I hadn't told Joe or Iris or anyone I was proposing to her. When we got to the police station, I got out of the car and opened the car door for Caitlin. The elevator ride up I was chewing my nails, purely out of nerve. I was scared to Joe's reaction, especially because he turned Eddie down when he was going to propose to Iris. When the elevator doors opened, I saw Joe at his desk doing paperwork. We walked over to him, holding hands.

"Hey, Joe! Can we talk to you?" I asked.

"Yeah sure," Joe said with a concerned face, getting up, "Are you pregnant?" Joe asked, pointing to Caitlin.

Our eyes lit up, "No, no!" Caitlin said, assuring Joe she wasn't.

"Ok, good," Joe sighed with relief.

"We're engaged!" I said, excitedly while Caitlin held her hand up.

"Congratulations!" Joe exclaimed, genuinely happy.

My nerves calmed and I said, "Well, we are going to go tell Iris."

Joe nodded and we walked to the elevator. Once the elevator door closed, I let out a deep breath of relief. Caitlin's phone buzzed. She answered it. Meta-human. I ran her to S.T.A.R. Labs and got in Flash suit. I ran to the scene of the crime. I heard Caitlin typing viciously on the keyboard to get servalance systems working to see what was going on. Then I heard Cisco through the earpiece.

"Nice ring Caitlin! Woah, wait a minute! Are you and Barry engaged?" Cisco asked.

'Yeah, now where is this meta-human?" I asked.

"Ok, he is in the bathroom. It looks like he can turn himself into tar. Tar Pit!" Cisco screamed through the earpiece.

I ran to the bathroom. There he was. I stood there for a second and he kept throwing tar at me.

"Cait, sweetie, get your mask on I need your help," I said, running to S.T.A.R. Labs.

I grabbed Caitlin and brought her to the bathroom where tar pit was.

"Aww is this your girlfriend Flash?" Tar Pit mocked.

"I'm his fiancee! Get your facts right!" Caitlin fired back.

She froze Tar Pit's hand, shocking him. Then she froze his feet so he couldn't go anywhere. I carried Caitlin back to S.T.A.R. Labs and then went back for Tar Pit. I locked up Tar Pit with the help of Cisco and Caitlin. I kissed Caitlin for a job well done. Cisco let out a loud awwww. I looked at him and smiled.

"Ready to talk to Iris?" Caitlin asked.

"Yeah, but she'd be home by now, so we'll go grab your car from the police station and then go to Joe's," I explained.

She nodded. I changed out of my Flash suit and carried Caitlin to the police station's parking lot, where we drove away in her small, mint green, car. When we arrived at Joe's, I took out the key Joe gave me and unlocked the door. Joe was sitting down.

"Sup SnowBarry?" Joe asked, getting up.

Ever since we got together for the second time people would call us SnowBarry. It was cute. Iris walked in and repeated Joe's words.

"Well we have an announcement," I said, looking at Caitlin, "We're engaged!"
Iris put in the fake smile she puts on when she is supposed to be happy for someone. I could tell she was jealous and I did feel bad, but I just didn't like her like that anymore.
"Congrats!" She exclaimed.
We sat down next to Joe and watched the soccer game he had on. I looked down at Caitlin's hand and smiled, knowing she would be mine forever.
----------------------------------------------
Dear readers,
Last actual chapter! Next chapter will be an epilogue and then the story will be done!
Follow me for updates on my Grant Gustin fanfic I'm starting tomorrow!
Follow me on Instagram- flash.xoxo
Love, the author,
Elly :)