Chapter 15 CHELSEA'S POV

There's no denying it, Carlos has a Beast. What's a Beast you ask? I'll explain later, but right now I have to find Carlos. 
    I slowly creep out of the bushes. I slowly inch my way out until I can turn invisible. I hear a cracking sound. I look down at the broken branch under of my foot. Crap.
     Chad turns around. He looks at me with pure anger in his eyes. I don't know why he's angry. I only rejected him. And humiliated him in front of the  whole school. Seriously,can't this guy can't take a joke.
      Chad lunges at me. I quickly disappear and reappear on the other side of the path. Chad falls down and gays a mouthful of dirt. He looks at me and smirks. "You know this could have all been avoided by a kiss."
    "Sorry, but," I kick him in the shin and start to disappear. "I don't kiss jerks." I fully disappear and reappear on the Turney field. I start running around asking people if they've seen Carlos. They all said they haven't. My pulse starts to quicken. I have to find him before something terrible happens. I start to run past the boy's locker room when I hear something.
        "Take this away! Take this away!"
Carlos. I knock on the door. Nothing happens.
"No!" Carlos says. "Go away!" There's a pause. "I said go away!"
"Carlos. It's me." I yell through the door.
There commotion on the other side. Carlos opens the door. He covers his hand with his mouth. "What?"
      "Carlos," I start but stop. I didn't really think about what I'm going to say.
Just tell him the truth.
        Are you kidding? I can't exactly say 'Hey Carlos,your being controlled by a weird Wonderland beast that's possessing your body.'
Good point. But it's the only approach you got.
       I sigh. "Carlos. Let's go to the library."
       Carlos look at me in shock. "You? Want to go to the library?"
      "Yes." I glare and grab his wrist. "Now come on." I drag him to the library and sit him down at a desk in the back. "Sit here." I command. "And don't you dare think of leaving."
       He shakes his head in fear. "I wasn't gonna leave. Just can I ask a question?"
      "You just did." I reply trying to lighten up the mood,but Carlos just gives me a grim look.
      "Why are we here?" Carlos asks. "Why can't I just go to my room and you just leave me alone?"
      I'm taken back. "You hate me that much?" I try to smirk it off,but I can't,what he sad legitimately hurt. My heart aches a little bit but I push it aside.
      Carlos look down and fumble his fingers. "No,I-I don't hate you. I just-" he stops and looks at me with a soft concerned look in his eyes. "I just don't want to hurt you." He mumbles the last part so it's barely audible and look down at his fingers again.
       This is the part where I would usually make fun of him, but I couldn't bring my self to it, not with this big of a situation happening. Instead I say," Carlos, there is no way you could hurt me," he look up at me with confusion and a slight bit of hope. "Because I had the same problem."
       Carlos look up at me with shock and fear. "What?"
       I sigh. "I have to get something that will help you understand. I'll be back." I rush over to a restricted section of the library. Fairy Godmother told us about it this morning and said we were never to go there unless we had permission for a teacher. She told us it had all of the historical documents of Wonderland in it along with some forbidden witchcraft and wizardry textbooks.
       I scan the shelves for the right one. "Wonderland: A History," I mumble. "Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them... Yes!" I shout and take Wonderland's Guide to Beasts off the shelf. I rush back to the desk where  Carlos was securing the hat he was wearing. "I'm back."I sit down and open the book. "There is a place." I read. "Like no place on Earth. A place full of wonder,mystery,and danger. Some say to survive it: you need to be as mad as a hatter." I pause and look at Carlos out of the corner of my eye, hovering over me as I read. I gulp as i feel  his warm breath on my neck. I shake my head and continue to read. "There are three parts of Wonderland, the mainland, where most of the inhabitants live; the Shadows, where the Jabberwocky and Master Time lives-"
       "Wait," Carlos interrupts. "Time is a person?"
       "Yes." I say. "He is very dangerous. Once kidnapped the Mad Hatter. If Alice hadn't come to save him-"
       "Alice? Alice saved him?" Carlos practically yell. The librarian shushes him and gives us a sour look. "I thought Alice was just a little girl who fell down a rabbit hole?" Carlos drops his voice to a whisper.
       "She is." I whisper back. "We will get to her in a little bit." I return to the book. "And finally the last part of Wonderland, where all the Beasts live. Now a Beast is one of the most dangerous spirits in Wonderland if you let it be."
        Carlos looks confused. "I don't understand..."
      I sigh and rub my temples. "How do I put this in simple terms?" I mutter. I look in his eyes and take a deep breathe. "A Beast lives in you, feeds you with words that break down your soul, and tries to take over you. A Beast will be something you struggle with or is a flaw of yours. For example, the Queen of Hearts, her Beast is Temper, the White Rabbit's is Punctuality, the Mad Hatter's is Chaos, and so on. Everyone in Wonderland is born with a Beast and must learn to control it, or else it will slowly turn you into a -"
        "Monster." Carlos interrupts and look at me in fear. He is breathing turns shaky as I nod.
        "There's more." I sigh. I hate seeing him like this, which is weird, because I used to love to scare him on the Isle of the Lost. "The Jabberwocky was the king of the Beasts and used to control them. If he called your Beast, then you were force to make it come out. The Jabberwocky would make you do terrible things with your Beast. He made all of Wonderland's Beast come out when Alice fell down the rabbit hole, making some of them animal-like."
       Carlos gives me an inquisitive look. "So your saying that the White Rabbit isn't really a rabbit, but a man with a rabbit-like Beast?"
       I nod. "Correct. Along with the March Hare, the garden of singing flowers, and my father and mother."
      "Wait,mother?" Carlos asks. I send him a glare telling him to shut up and he gets it.
      "Anyways,after Alice sleighed the Jabberwocky, all of us were free to control our own Beasts." I sigh. "But hardships don't just simple end. It wasn't even twenty years before King Adam made a proclamation starting a war and killing many people." I slump in my seat and rub my head, the memories of the  still branded in my head. Carlos looks at me with...pity? No,it's not pity, it's more compassionate than pity...its concern.
         "Well," I say. "The only question is how did you get a Beast? Your obviously not Wonderlandian, so that's out."
         We think for a little bit in silence. "I never knew my father." Carlos says sadly. "Maybe he was from Wonderland?"
         I shake my head. "No. Most of the Wonderlandians were already dead by the time they were thrown on the Isle of the Lost. Beside,I was five when it happened,so you would be about  five or six." We think some more until I say." Have you ever had a dream where you went to Wonderland and was almost killed by the Queen of Hearts?"
         Carlos shakes his head. "Can't say I have."
        We think some more."well," I'll have to do some research," I say as i stand up.  I walk over to to the librarian. "Can I check this out?"
       The librarian looks over her small circle glasses. "This is from the restricted section. You cannot check this out unless you have a teachers permission."
       I sigh then hand out my head in front of her face. "You will let me check out this book without any permission."
       She straightens. "I will let you check out this book without any permission." She checks out the book then hands it to me. I turn around to see Carlos' shocked look.
"You...you just..." His mouth drops a little. "You just used the frickin Jedi mind trick on that lady!"
"What,no!" I hiss and pull him aside before the librarian knew what was going on. "It's not the Jedi mind trick." I whisper. "It's one of my Beast's power."
Carlos looks at me with confusion. "So... You can't use the Force?"
I sigh and face palm myself. "My Beast is Insanity. Insanity can make you believe in anything,so I can use what you call the Jedi mind trick."
"Are you Jedi or Sith?"
I let out a grunt of frustration. "Why do I even bother?!" I sigh. "I'm going to keep looking up ways a Beast could have gotten to you. Then we will find a way to get it out of you. In the mean time I'll teach you how to control your Beast so it doesn't hurt you."
Carlos smirks. "Aw. You care."
My mouth drops a little then I quickly shut it. "I do not! I hate you!"
Carlos shrugs his shoulders. "Whatever you say."
          I was about to scratch his eyes out,if Mac hadn't come into the library. "Oh,thank Zeus!" She exclaims. "You two need to come to kitchen duty right away! I had to stall for you two so Professor Doc wouldn't give you double!"
         I glare at Carlos. "Tomorrow morning. Turney field. 4 am." I point my finger at him in a threatening way. "You better be there." 
       Carlos mockingly bows. "As you wish, m'lady."
       I punch him in the shoulder and walk to the kitchen.
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I flop on my and give Squeaks a run behind his ears. He looks up. "So how was today?"
       I shrug. "I don't know. I have mixed emotions about it." I frown. "Squeaks do you know how to open up the Wonderland portal?"
       Squeaks sighs. "I do,but I was to only tell it in case of emergency." He laughs. "But now seems like a good time."
      I listen closely. 
       "There is a riddle that must be cracked before you even go to the portal." Squeaks begins. "You might want to right this down." I grab a piece of paper and a pen and pose my hand for writing. Squeaks sighs. "Here it goes:
A drop of blood,magic and pure.
A petal from a flower that can heal and cure.
Fur from a creature whose heart is whole.
A tear of love from a broken soul.
Mix them up. Let it bubble.
Stir it clockwise on the double.
Pour it down a rabbit hole.
With it you will meet your goal."
Squeaks finishes and I write the last sentence down on the paper. "It sounds like a recipe for a potion."
Squeaks nods. "It's been in the ancient books of Wonderland for as long as anyone can remember."
I study the words over and over again. "This doesn't make any sense."
Squeaks shrugs. "It doesn't have to make sense, it's Wonderland." He pauses. "You probably should get to bed. The other two are already asleep."
I look over to Jane and Mac. Sure enough,they're fast asleep. I smile and see how peacefully they are sleeping. They are innocent, they had no idea how cruel the world and its inhabitant could be. I sigh as I pull my hair into a ponytail and get under my covers. I run my head. What am I going to do? On top of opening the Wonderland portal, I need to help Carlos control his Beast. Without training and control, a Beast is extremely dangerous, especially someone who isn't from wonderland. I don't want Carlos to get hurt. I do care about him, but not like that. Like in a friend way. What? I swear! I close my eyes. Exhaustion takes over me. I'll help Carlos control his Beast until I have all the ingredients of the potion. I'm sure it won't take very long...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So there you have it. Who Acceptance is and where he comes from. How Acceptance came will come in later chapters. Thank you for 2K reads. I really love you guys!!! Until we read again...
🐾Vote. Comment. Read On.🐾
-Z