Game Time

Surprisingly after all these years my mother still stayed in the same old house that brought all those dreadful memories up. I didn't exactly want to take a trip down memory lane but I had to vanquish old demons. And I wasn't doing this alone. The horrible things done to me in this house hadn't broke me but made me a much stronger woman. I was a damn good single mom and I had to put this shit to rest to begin my life with Lamar.

"You ready Renia." Lamar asked, I smiled wondering what he was thinking when he came up with his weird nickname for me.

I took a deep breath. "Yes." I assured him. I wasn't Maria anymore. I was Renee and I wouldn't let anyone hurt me again.

I knocked.

"Damn you knock like the po pos." Lamar joked. I couldn't help myself I laughed so hard I was crying and thats exactly how my mother saw us opening the door.

She stood there frozen. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but showing her smiles and giggling wasn't part of my plan. I immediately sombered up. We stared at each other for a while before her gaze flickered to Lamar and she turned into the great actor I knew. Strike one.

"Maria? Baby are you finally rerurning to me after all these years?! Come in, come in! Welcome home! Welcome young man. Are you to thank for this blessing?"

He smiled. "Well I suggested tying up loose knots and we ended up here." He said with a dangerous edge that sent shivers down my spine. The little annoyance I had faded now I burned for him.

We entered and suddenly I was lost in my memories.

She hadn't changed a thing. And my darkest moments rushed back to me but this time I wasn't afraid. I embraced my past.

Lamar squeezed my hand reassuringly and I looked at him. My mother noticed and her eyes narrowed a bit. "Maria?"

I turned to face her, it was game time. "Its Renee now. Cut the shit I know you keep in contact with Cane!" I snarled. "I asked you for one fucking thing before I left, to be a mom for once and protect me from that monster. To let me be free to live my life. You couldn't do that?! "

"Being a fucking cab driver is living life to you? I did you a favor you had his child and you choose to live in filth when you could have so much more. His father built an empire and we can't take control until Cain has an heir. "
Her use of "we" hadn't went unnoticed by me and I lost it grabbing her by her weave and smashing her face into the counter causing her to fall to the floor.

"You are such a whore. Cane's daddy wasn't enough huh?" I said as she crawled away from me holding her bleeding head. I walked to her menacingly debating if I should kill her or not.

"Maria I'm still your mother. Please I had no choice."

"Miss me with all that shit. Everyone has a choice. You sold me to Cane, you let him rape me twice, and you let him know he had a son putting my son's life and mine in danger. You can bet he'll never get to meet him. Bitch."

"Cane has your father Maria."

"Where is he?!" She glanced away.

"Dead."

She was lying but my heart still stopped. I grabbed the gun from Lamar's waistline pointing it directly at her.

"You'll see Cane in hell." I pulled the trigger.