Chapter 8 Cinderella's Ball

Okay. So I may or may not have posted a message on my page saying "oh yeah I'm definitely updating this book on Tuesday!" Yeah basically anything I say you should just ignore. I ALWAYS WILL UPDATE THIS AND ALL MY OTHER BOOKS ON THE WEEKENDS.
UNLESS.
It's like a long weekend or during the summer. So yeah don't listen to my "I can so update books during the week and ignore all other responsibilities!" self because it's 98% of the time wrong. BUT. Okay sorry this authors note is really long. BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT. I DO have a new book! It's not out yet, I actually just started writing it like yesterday but it's gonna be really good and I'm finished my other book this weekend WHICH MEANS yes there will not be spontaneous updates for this book anymore AND IT WILL ACTUALLY BE LIKE MY MAIN BOOK FOR A WHILE AND I WILL PROBABLY PAY ATTENTION TO IT.
Okay. I'm done.
Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Come on cowboy stay with me."
I mumbled leading Lucas up the driveway. It's freezing in New York and an icy driveway is not the best place to wear high heels. I carefully took another step and wobbled a little, a pair of arms grabbed my waist.
"I just don't want you to fall."
Lucas said letting go. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.
I opened the door and immediately my ears were filled with the music booming throughout the house.
"Okay."
I yelled over the speakers.
"Meet me back here at midnight."
Lucas nodded and we headed our separate ways.
"Hey Maya!"
Riley screamed waving at me. I nodded back and grabbed a red solo cup, some mysterious liquid was already inside it.
"Come on Maya you need to relax!"
Riley yelled already fully drunk. I shrugged and took a sip of the drink. Suddenly everything became brighter and louder, I felt like I was floating on a cloud.

Lucas
I walked through the living room which was crowded with people humping and grinding on each other. That's not really my style.
"Hey Lucasss!"
Missy yelled nearly falling into my arms.
"Missy maybe you should shut down the party, it's getting a little out of control."
She shook her head wildly and pouted her lip.
"Awww come on dad! Besides I still- I still need to bust Maya."
Missy slurred out.
"Wait. What?!"
I cupped her face in my hands and stared straight into her dilated pupils.
"Bust Maya for what?"
Missy laughed.
"Oh silly Lucas! She's been lying to all of us! She's not rich!"
I let go of Missy and she stumbled onto the counter. I have to go find Maya.
I found Farkle sitting on a couch in the basement with Riley passed out on top of him.
"Hey have you seen Maya?!"
He shook his head.
"Last time I saw her she was going upstairs with some guy."
Oh crap.

I bolted up the stairs and opened every door in the hallway.
"Ah ha!"
I yelled opening one, only to find Charlie and some girl making out.
"Privacy man!"
Charlie yelled as I closed the door.
"Oh Brandon you're so funny!"
I heard Maya's voice at the end of the hallway. Of course Brandon took her, he's a rebel. I opened the door. Maya was swaying back and forth against the wall as Brandon tried to drag her to the bed.
"Get your hands off of her!"
Brandon jumped up and started backing away from me.
"Look Lucas this isn't what it seems like. I was just helping her......you know."
I nodded and grabbed Maya.
"Yeah I know exactly what you mean."

Maya laid sound asleep on the couch. Luckily my mom wasn't home and I was able to get Maya to calm down.
"L-Lucas?"
I turned around, Maya sat up looking around the house.
"Wh-what happened?"
I sat down next to her.
"I saved your drunk ass before Missy blew your secret and Brandon- er you know put you in bed."
Her eyes widened and became glossy.
"I-I slept with him?! Oh my god I'm so stupid!"
I shook my head and grabbed Maya's hands, they were cold.
"No no. Nothing happened. I will not let anything happen to you, ever."
"And whys that cowboy?"
I smiled.
"You really like pushing my buttons don't you ShortStack? Why do I protect you? I don't know, I guess you're like another sister to me and I wouldn't want you to get hurt."
Maya looked down, playing with her nail polish.
"Oh. Well thanks Huckleberry, I guess I owe you one. Goodnight."
She got up from the couch and ran to her room, slamming her door.
Did I do something wrong?

Oh Lucas you silly boy!
What's Maya so mad about? I don't know! (I do, but you don't!)
Next Chapter:
Missy
Maya
Trouble.

^don't like quote me on that because you know I change my mind A LOT.