Broken

*Third Person POV*

The police arrived at the lodge and everyone told them what happened. The police tried what they could to find Hannah and Beth but never could they find them.

Everyone was sad especially Josh and Imigie.

Imigie had emailed her parents about what happened and mentioned that she may have to go to a therapist and possibly use her own money to pay for it.

Over the course of the days, Josh got really depressed and turned to Chris, Sam and especially Imigie for company.

Sam and Chris would sometimes tease Imigie for spending the most time with Josh, thinking that Josh and Imigie may confirm their relationship.

Everyone went back to school except for Josh who then dropped out after changing his major.

Imigie, however went back to college and did everything she needed to including homework and passing her classes but she felt empty and what she'd refer as "lifeless." She would barely work with people unless if she had to. She barely went to see any friends outside of Chris, Josh, Ashley and Sam.

She would have sudden auditory and visual hallucinations. Even nightmares. She, too, turned to Chris, Sam, Josh and Ashley for support.

Just about every day, Josh would ask Imigie to come over to his place and she would come. They would comfort each other even in their sorrows.

*Imigie's POV*

It was Friday and Josh texted me saying that he would want me to come over to his place. I agreed and got ready.

I decided to check my email first before I headed out the door.

I saw I got an email from my mom and opened it and read it.

Hey sweetie. I did hear about the situation on the news and I'm devastated as well as your father. That's good to hear that you really are taking care of Josh and making sure he was okay. And actually, we're having the Washingtons pay for both Josh's therapy and your therapy. They see you as a sweet daughter. And maybe, I would love to see you and Josh be officially in a relationship. He's a handsome young man.

Okay, I laughed at that. My parents were never the ones to act this sort of dorky and trying to push me into relationships. I guess Josh was their exception to that. I went ahead and refocused on the email I was reading.

Just know that if you need anything, you are welcome to contact us. I know both you and Josh were hit by this pretty hard. We love you very much and want you to get better from this incident.
Love Mom and Dad

I smiled then quickly responded back then sent it. I then closed my laptop and grabbed my coat, purse and keys and headed out of the door then drove to the Washington house.

I was getting ready to turn right at a stop sign but some idiot, who was turning right too, didn't even bother turning on his blinker.

"Turn on your blinker you son of a dick nugget!" I shouted, nearly laughing at myself.

I arrived at the house and got out of my car and locking it.

"If Josh and I ever get in a relationship, you'll be making me a thousand times more dorkier even in my grief," I said to my car then laughed at myself again.

Was I really trying to humor myself. My god, I was so weird these days.

I walked to the front door and lightly knocked.

To my surprise, Josh opened the door then smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Imigie," he said trying to sound happy but I could tell he still sounded sad.