Chapter 9: Petals

Start from the beginning

Time Skip!

We were in Waterfall again, without Undyne or Bi- Mitch with us, it was quite peaceful even if Papyrus' voice was bouncing off the walls and making it sound louder than it usually is. We were sitting at the edge of a glowing luminous blue pool that light up this whole section of the cave, we were eating something called 'Nicecream', it was basically just a popsicle. The taste was. . .different, I couldn't really pinpoint it, it was a bit off but whatever, at least we were here together. Alone. With no one to bother us.

"SO! Y/N, HOW DO YOU LIKE SNOWDIN? I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T BEEN HERE THAT LONG BUT YOU SEEM TO BE FITTING IN PRETTY WELL." He said, shoving the popsicle in his mouth. How does he even eat? Where does it even go? How is he even tasting without a tongue?

"I've got snow problem with it, seems pretty cool, tibia honest." I winked and elbowed his arm.

He gave me that unamused look he would give Sans when he said a pun but he had a smile on his face.

"Oh come on, my puns are humerous, you're smiling."

"I KNOW, AND I HATE IT." He crossed his arms in a pout but was still smiling.

I chuckled at him and he suddenly stood up, having one of those serious face he has when he's fixing a puzzle at home.

"I JUST REMEMBERED I HAD AN ERRAND TO RUN AND I NEED TO DO IT NOW-"

"Right now?" I whined.

"RIGHT NOW, I WON'T BE GONE LONG SO WILL YOU PLEASE WAIT FOR ME HERE?"

"Uh, sure Pap. I'll wait." I said in confusion.

He thanked me and ran off, disappearing down a dark hall 'Nyeh Heh'ing again. I tilted my head slightly where he left but shrugged it off, I wonder what he has to do that was so important. I stared into the luminous pool, seeing my reflection but a light blue, I wonder what makes it glow like this.

"Howdy!" A high pitched voice pipped

I whipped my head to the right to find a flower with bright yellow petals, elongated black eyes and a fanged smile. Its smile was bright and wide but its eyes were soulless. . .something about it seemed off.

"I'm Flowey. Flowey the flo-"

"Nope!"

I stood up quickly and walked the way Papyrus ran off to with my hands in the air without a care, I'm not dealing with a talking flower, nope! Sure I've flirted with a skeleton, met a guy made of fire and watched anime with a weeabo dinosaur girl but talking flowers is where I cross the line.

"Hey! Wait! Don't walk away from me!"

"Lalalala, I can't hear you!"

I heard a sort of slithering sound behind me like it was moving but I refused to look behind me, I refuse!

"I said wait!"

"Leave me alone!"

I sped up and was in a slight trot as I tried to find Papyrus, where could he have gone off to so fast? I heard the flower groan in an irritable way, then something spiky wrapped around my ankle and tripped me, making me fall forward.