Chapter 12- Morning Meetings and Evening Events

Start from the beginning

After shuffling through some drawers and my wallet I sealed an envelope with a check for 15 grand as a contribution to Havana, it was the least I could provide out of decency.

I shut the bedroom door and turned the lock, assuring myself that it was completely Miguel-Proof before changing into casual jeans and a white button up, tucking it in my pants and sealing it with a woven belt, being gentle not to irritate the yet-burning feel of the cigarette mark from last night.

Sliding on small ankle boots and a long fishtail braid, I volumized my eyelashes and darkened my waterline before leaving the bedroom, I was in desperate need of something to eat. Making my way down the hallway I heard sounds of muffled laughter and giggles. I turned the corner into the kitchen, coming accross Miguel once again.

Except this time, he wasn't alone. Sitting on the counter in nothing but a bandeau and high waisted shorts was a short haired teenage blonde girl, her legs wrapped around Miguel's torso, as his hands were pinning her down, she was giggling with laughter as he gave her kisses.

"Well then Miguel." I sarcastically smiled.

Their heads spun towards me, I cocked my head and crossed my arms, deciding to make a joke out of this.

"I-I-Tamila-"

"Miguel, sweetheart..." I spoke in a sickly sweet manner, biting my lip in a struggle not to laugh.

"Babe- I can explain, I-" Miguel stuttered in shock, earning a smirk from me.

"Um, did you just call that woman babe?" the blonde girl shoved Miguel's hands off of her.

"Baby, no, you see-" Miguel was red with embarrassment.

"Ew, she's like, 40!" the chick was now off the counter and diverting her eyesight between Miguel and I.

"I'm 25, honey. And Miguel over here was practically on his knees asking me for it this morning, don't you remember Miguelito?" I cooed, grinning with delight.

"Miguelito?" the teenagers yelled in unison. I broke down laughing, I just couldn't contain it any longer.

"Oh you kids are delightful." I snickered between tears of laughter, clutching my stomach for dramatic effect.

"Your SUCH a dick, that is SO gross, she is like, SO much older than you, this is so embarrassing, I feel like a slut." The chick pouted andpushed Miguel's chest before heading to the kitchen door. "We're done."

"Tamila's hotter anyway!" Miguel hollered, sending wink in my direction.

"The chick turned around and placed her hands on her hips, her lower lip sticking out in an immature manner.

"She's clearly not gonna go for you, Miguel." she snapped. "Even if she is-" the girl gave me a once over before finishing. "Even if she is really pretty."

"You're right about that." A grin spread across my face.

Now there's the Tamila I love. Totally egotistical.

"What's your name, dear?" I asked the chick with a smug grin.

"Dina. Dina Cadwell." She spat before unlocking the door and walking out, not bothering to shut the door.

I closed the door and watched her drive away, still shocked at who she was.

Dina Cadwell. Like Lucille Cadwell. Like, something was seriously up.

I spent the rest of the day configuring an outfit for the wedding and avoiding suggestive comments from Miguel, who I tried to threaten but he'd just make another remark, so I eventually ignored him.