Chapter 3: The Third Man

Start from the beginning

"That was our first instinct, but we've found zero signs of hex work anywhere. As far as we can tell, witchcraft was not involved."

"There's gotta be some sort of link between uh, Skidmark and Bubblewrap here."

"No question." Sam says agreeing.

"Alright, well, can I get a witness?"

"Yup, uh, officer Ed Colfax, saw Hatch go from a solid to a liquid."

"Another cop?"

"Hatch's partner." I say. Sam pushes Gray back into the drawer.

I go with Sam in his car to Colfax's house while Dean takes his.

"Did he have to come back?" I ask Sam once we start driving.

"I guess so."

"Well, maybe I can have a little fun with it then." I saw with a little giggle.

Right as we pull on to Colfax's street, Dean's car comes racing around us and pulls in front of us.

"Were you uh...were you racing us?" Sam asks.

"No. I was kicking your ass."

"Very mature." I say. We walk up to the address that we got from the other officers and knock on the door.

"Hello? Officer Colfax?" Dean asks through the door. The door opens and theres a man there, who im assuming is Ed, dressed in full police uniform.

"Whoa. Lookin' sharp. Kojak." I say, much to Dean's displeasure.

"Who the hell are you?" Ed asks.

"We're the Fed, Ed. We're here to ask you a few follow-up questions about your partner's death." Sam explains.

"Don't worry about it. It's nobody's business."

"Officer Colfax-" I start saying.

"Don't worry about it!" Ed says then slams the door shut. I look at Sam as he looks at me and we both have the same idea. I take a step back right as he kicks the door in.

"Dude!" Dean says. We start walking through the house towards the office. There's a wall of family photos with the faces scratched out. We find Ed sitting at his desk, using a screwdriver on another family portrait.

"Officer Colfax?" I ask a little more softly than before.

"Hey man, you alright?" Dean asks.

"Don't worry about it." Ed repeats.

"Right. Look, officer Colfax...Ed. We think that your partner died of unnatural causes."

Ed scratches his hat.

"Did he have any enemies that you know of?" I ask.

"You might say that?"

"Oh yeah? Who's that?" Sam asks.

"They both had it coming. Me too. I'll be the next to go and then it'll be over. And god will be satisfied."

"Why does god want you all dead?" Dean asks.

"Because of Christopher Birch." Ed says then accidentally knocks over a bottle of booze. He just watches it spill. "Oh damn it."

"Who's Christopher Birch?" I ask.

"He has no face."

"Ed?" Sam asks.

"Officer, are you alright?" Dean asks.

Ed finally puts the bottle upright.

"Who is Christopher Birch, Ed?" I ask.

"Ed!" Dean yells a bit.