Chapter 9

"You look great"

I said smiling at her. Her smile faltered a little as she thanked me. I couldn't tell her what I was thinking it would complicate things. She walked away to get her purse and Michelle just smirked at me.

"Devour her with your eyes why don't you"?

I threw my small pillow as she walked away laughing. I looked down at my phone to see it was eleven at night. I needed to go see Alex, being alone after seeing Amber like that wasn't safe at all. I ran out to my car and turned on the radio to hear Erykah Badu crooning through the speaker.

"Now what am I supposed to do. When I want you in my world. How can I want you for myself? When I'm already someone's girl?"

The song described us perfectly except I'm someone's guy. I guess this lifetime wasn't meant for us. With that I drove down to Alex's house the sad thing was the only thing on my mind was if Amber would meet someone. I can't help but hope she won't, that she won't fully move on but who am I to want that? Fuck, its happening and I can't let it happen. I have to distance myself from her. It's for the best. I got out of my car stepping up to the front door knocking on it waiting for her. She opened the door and jumped in my arms smiling big.

I smiled down at her face and pecked her on her lips a couple times. She steps away and lets me inside, I plopped down on the couch as she sat on my lap and ran her fingers through my hair.

"Do you want to talk about it"?

I told her about the talk and the pictures. She listened, gasped when I told her about our daughter who's no longer here. I didn't tell her about Amber telling me I still loved her. I kept those details out.

"She's right I could never wish that on my worst enemy, I know it's a lot to take in how are you feeling"?

"I can't help but think of her going through it by herself, I hate that it happened. . ."

She continued rubbing my hair and kissed my forehead.

"You have to remember it was her choice, it's neither of you guys fault. She was young, you were young you just have to move forward together and that never means forgetting about Mariah"

She says softly as she laid her head on my chest. I closed my eyes rubbing her hair taking in her scent. Is it bad that I was disappointed that it wasn't the vanilla scent Amber was wearing earlier? She needs to get out of my head. Alex then looks up at me smiling

"Let's say we go out dance just for tonight, to have fun"?

"Who is going to be DD"?

"Babe we just gonna use Uber then we can come back here and do what we do best"

She says getting up and walking away towards the bedroom smiling at me from over her shoulder. I hopped up and drove home to change. I changed in a pair of black jeans and a dark blue button up. I ran gel through my hair after my shower and did a quick shave on my face. I was ready and just waiting for Alex to text me she's here. About an hour later my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Alex: I'm outside in the Uber babe *cat eyes*

I walked out to see Alex standing outside looking sexy as ever. She wore a short red dress that was off the shoulder tight enough to where she turned around it gave a great view of her back side. I pulled her towards me and kissed her lips and slipped in the car with her.

"You look good babe"

She says after kissing my cheek and smiling up at me. She left her straight and had it brushed back so that it cascaded down her back.