chapter five.

Auden's POV
__________________

I've been outside the frat house sitting on the cool grass while cold wind beats against my side causing me to shiver.

Zayn kissed me, the thought repeating itself over and over again in my mind, like a broken record.

I touch my lips feeling their slightly swollen state. I felt vulnerable and raw and my entire body was jittery and excited meanwhile, my head couldn't catch up with the flickering moments playing through my mind.

The timeline of Zayn and I's interactions were quite messy and disorganized. Does him kissing me prove that he was interested in me the way I thought back at The Brew? It was wrong of me to insist on being right several days later, but his erratic behavior was dumbfounding.

He just wants you for your body, my subconscious warns me, and for once I listen.

Yes, Zayn was attractive in his own rugged, inked up way, but nothing added up. What kind of attraction did he have toward me that caused him to act the way he did?

He told me to stay away from him, so that's what I was going to do, regardless of what my body lusted after.

~

Zayn's POV
______________

Bad move, Malik.

Bad move.

Very bad fucking move.

Rushing out of the frathosue through the back door, I cough and my eyes burn. Shit why did everyone have to be such a fucking pothead, I think while looking around at the people sitting in the grass taking turns at a purple bong. About half of the girls there had to be freshman. Man, these frat dudes were fucked up.

Making my way through the thick cloud of white smoke, I walk to my beat up pickup truck. The door squeaks as I clamber behind the wheel and begin the engine.

I pull out of the street I parked on and start to drive straight home.

Why did I do that? Why did I kiss her?

I knew the answer but hated to believe it.

I wanted a taste of her. Just... something. I needed to know if she was worth it.

The day she stepped into The Brew she was just a girl with bright brown eyes and nothing more.

But then I heard her speaking to her fucking annoying ass roommate and I realized she had a brain, something to say.

Auden was opinionated but not loudmouthed while her small voice carried with authority. The fire behind her eyes when she was speaking about something she was passionate about, stirred something inside of me. Not sexually, but... well, yeah maybe slightly sexually, but along with that was a desire to be near her and her charisma.

And then she had to go ahead and argue with me at the counter. I was already having a bitch of a day when she first came in, and all I wanted to know was if she was new in town. Her defensiveness amused me, meanwhile her statement caught me off guard. Was I interested in her? Not immediately, but at some point she captivated somewhat of my attention.

She blew me off of course, because I had proven her wrong and I tuned her out once she called me a - what was it? Oh, yeah a fucking ax murder. Seriously, what she was on...