29

Steve

"Tori!" I shriek.
I begin to sprint towards her, but the railing that she grips gives out. She tumbles into the river along with it. I gulp and dive into the water. Once my body hits the water, I quickly open my eyes. I see nothing but the particles in dark blue area. I find a crimson trail that goes down. I follow it. I spot a dark figure sinking slowing below me — Victoria. I swim down to her, taking her into my arms. Her eyes are closed and the crimson flows from her shoulder.
I kick my feet through the water, making my way to the surface. My lungs feel small and my body hurts from the pressure. I kick faster.
I gasp for air when I reach the surface. Tori lets out a small cough, but nothing more. I rush to the shoreline, but I have to wade through the current. The river is flowing faster now, not making not making it any easier for me. I begin to feel the rocky sand beneath my feet.
I gently lay Tori on the sand as I throw myself next to her. I cough, some river water coming out of my mouth. I pull off my helmet, trying to get rid of the water. Once I catch my breath, I gaze at Tori. I swiftly crawl to her and check her wound. Sure enough, there is a bullet hole in her shoulder. To just add even more problems, the bullet didn't go straight through.
I'm panicking even more than I was before. I just apply pressure to it as I watch a few trusted agents sprint to us. My attention is drawn back to Tori when a loud cough escapes her lips.
"T-Tori," I stammer, staring at her now open eyes.
"Steve," she replies.
I duck my head down, allowing our lips collide. She runs her hands through my hair and I cup her cheek with my free hand.
"You're alive," I laugh. "Thank god."
"Steve," Tori chokes out. "What happened to you?"
Tears fill her eyes, threatening to spill. I brush a wet lock of her brunette hair behind her ear.
"Bucky happened," I explain, my throat feeling small. "I'll tell you later."
I glance at the agents that have arrived. They pull Tori up and examine her shoulder. They cringe, and declare that she needs to go to the hospital. One hands me my shield and tends to Tori. I order them to tell no one that she is alive just yet, for I have plans.

•••

Tori and I walk hand in hand into the Avengers Tower. The bullet was removed from her shoulder and her shoulder is wrapped up. The others do not know that she is home, so we plan to surprise them. We have both explained what happened to each other, like how Tori was in Asgard.
     I repeat, Asgard.
     The elevator doors open and we step onto Tony's floor. I spot the man sitting on the sofa, playing with something in his hands.
     "Hey, Capsicle," Tony greets, not looking up from his hands. "Any luck today?"
     "A little," I state, trying to hide my happiness.
     "I still can't believe that you just got out of the hospital and you're still so persistent." Tony mutters, laughing softly.
     "Look up," I order.
     Tony groans, but does as I command. His expression completely changes when he sees his sister.
     "More than 'a little'," Tony gasps. "Oh my god!"
     He jumps from the sofa and engulfs Tori into his embrace. Tori winces and hisses at Tony.
     "I just got out of the hospital too, so be careful." she laughs.
     "Y-You did?" Tony asks. "Never mind that, where the hell were you?"
     "Asgard," Tori grins.
     "What?"
     "I was in Asgard," she repeats, smoothing out her blue t-shirt.
     I snort and put my hands into the pockets of my jeans as Tony stutters.
     "B-B-But how?" he asks. "And how are you hurt?"
     "Well, Thor saw that I was in need and an agent shot me in the shoulder." Tori explains.
     "You need to tell us everything," Tony insists. "C'mon."