22

I unlocked the front door of my apartment, Chase following close behind. He had brought a suitcase full of necessities (which included his xbox that he wasted no time getting hooked up). I sat curled up on the couch watching him crouched down on the floor. It was kind of strange having him here, like we were living together. He got up turning on the game device which lit up green. "Wanna play?" he asked.

I nodded eagerly as he handed me a controller. For the longest time all you could hear were the game sound effects, but finally night fell and we decided to go out for dinner. "What are you in the mood for?" I asked yawning as we made our way to my car.

"A burger."

I laughed, "Okay, where do you want to get it from?"

"In-N-Out Burger. Where else?"

"Oh gosh, I haven't been there in months-"

"WHAT?" He shouted, "EMERSON THAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT! No- no just no we're going now this is URGENT!"

I giggled as he grabbed me by the wrist dragging me to the car. He held out his hand and I handed him the keys. With that he sped off, I'd never had Chase drive me anywhere besides on his motorcycle. Tonight I learned Chase was a psychotic driver. He made abrupt stops, sharp turns, and drove faster than anyone I knew. It put me on edge, especially because my dad used to drive that way. I pushed the thought of him out of my mind as quickly as it had landed there. Chase stopped all of the sudden at a red light cursing at some other car who had cut him off.

I took in a sharp breath as he pressed on the gas, I grabbed his wrist gripping it tightly. He looked over at me smiling sympathetically, "Sorry... I forgot you didn't know I'm a crazy driver."

I let out a long breath of air, "Well you know it's just a burger, no need to rush."

He chuckled, "But it's not just any burger, it's In-N-Out, and you haven't gone in months which is a crime."

I just closed my eyes hoping we didn't die before we got there. When we finally had parked I was glad to be in one piece, and Chase kept apologizing on the way inside promising me that I could drive home. We sat down at the booth after ordering our burgers. I held mine right by my mouth, hesitating. I looked over at Chase to see him watching me, he hadn't even touched his burger yet.

"Well..."

I closed my eyes taking a bite, it was better than I'd remembered it. I opened my eyes to see him anticipating my response. I swallowed, "Foodgasm." I stated. He laughed wasting no time digging into his own burger groaning as he did. "Chase! You're eating the burger, not screwing it!" I teased. A mom with her daughter glared over at us and we both snickered leaning in.

When we finished we got back into the car, but I was too tired to drive. "Can I take you somewhere?" He asked me.

"Sure." I replied tiredly. He sped off, I didn't see what the rush was. When he'd arrived at his destination I rolled my eyes, "Chase, are you fucking sixteen?" I teased.

"Hey! I had my first kiss here. And look, no one's here."

"I wonder why." I replied sarcastically.

He'd taken me to some make-out point that overlooked the ocean. It was basically a baren parking lot. "Actually I didn't bring you here to fool around-unless you want to."

I ignored the last part, "Why'd you bring me here?"

"Dunno, I wanted to talk but I didn't want to go home. I like it here anyways, you can see the stars."

I smiled at him, watching him stare out the window at the sky. "So truth or dare?" I asked.

He grinned at me, "Truth."