Chapter Five . . . How to Save A Life

Dean's POV

We sat outside the bar for what seemed like hours which it was, and there was no sign of anything. No witch, demon, ghost, or victim.

"Have your visions ever been wrong?" Sam asked Kylie who was sitting in the back seat.

"No, not once. but there's a first for anything, right?" She said unsure of herself.

"There's got to be something, right?" I asked and looked back at her, but her eyes were locked on something else. I quickly turned my head to see a young blond girl walking down the alley way.

"Is that her?" Before she answered a black figure grabbed the girl from behind and pulled her into the darkness of the alley.

All three of us jumped out of the car and straight into the alley way where we heard screams. Kylie, even though she was in those high heeled boots, ran faster than Sam and I and got to the demon first. She got out a knife from her boot and went straight for the demon with no fear.

I couldn't see the demons face but it's eyes lit up with pure rage once it saw Kylie. It threw the girl out of the way and went straight for her. Sam went after the girl while I headed for the demon.

"Hey!" I yelled and ran after it before it threw her against the brick building. It headed towards me and picked me up by the collar of my shirt.

"She's mine." He growled at me before throwing me at least five feet away from the area. I felt my head hit the ground and darkness over took me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kylie's POV

I watched as the demon threw Dean across the alley way and him hitting the floor.

"Dean!" Sam called while he had the victim in his arms.

"Sam go get them to the car and get the hell out of here!" I yelled to him and he instantly listened. I watched as he ran for Dean as the demon approached me. I felt the fear inside build up inside my stomach as the demon turned and faced me. He stormed my way and grabbed my shoulder before once again slamming me against the wall only this time harder.

"MINE!" He growled in my face before slowly taking his hood off his head there I saw that the demon had no eyes and on his forehead was the upside down triangle that the victims had but his had a little more detail to it.

"Go to hell!" I yelled in his face and stabbed him in the stomach with my knife but he only stared at me before pulling it our of his stomach and slowly he licked his own black blood. He raised the knife to me and was about to stab me right in the chest but the sound of the gunshot made him miss my chest and he ended up catching my arm.

The demon turned and faced Dean who was holding his shot gun.

"How does that taste you son of a bitch." I watched as the demon smiled at him.

"She's not what you think Winchester. She's mine. All mine." He said before letting go of me and running in the other direction.

Dean instantly looked over me with concern written on his face, but I just looked away.

"Where's the girl?" I asked a little horsed.

"Sammy took her away from here."

"Why did you stay?" I asked.

"I wasn't going to leave you here alone, not with that thing anyway." I nodded and his eyes wandered my body and finally to the wound on my arm.

"We gotta go." I said and began walking away but Dean caught my arm and I whimpered when it pulled at my bleeding wound.

"We have to clean you up first. Is there a first aid kit in the bar?" I nodded and Dean took my hand and dragged me to the bar.

I turned on the lights to an empty bar. Which for once I was grateful for. I sat in a stool as Dean went behind the bar and grabbed the first aid kit.

"What the hell was that thing?" Dean asked as he sat down next to me.

"I don't know. But it's ugly as hell." I groaned as Dean lifted the sleeve of my shirt. It looked bad and deep probably about six stitches needed.

"That looks bad. You're going to need stitches." Dean said with a sigh.

"Trust me when I say that I've had worse." I mumbled and put my head down, embarassed. Why was I so connected with Dean. Why was I feeling this way.

Dean put his finger under my chin and lifted my head up to meet his gaze which was full of concern. God, his eyes were so beautiful. His hands gently brought me close to him and before I knew it his lips were on mine.

I drank his taste in as he slipped his tongue into my mouth, exploring. I wasn't the type of girl who let the man take control but with Dean it felt right.

His hands wrapped themselves in my hair and I gasped at the slight pleasure/pain. Dean WInchester was a player, a manwhore, a  . . . . God only knows what. So why was I the one who keeps falling for him.

I pulled away trying to get some air. "Wow." Dean whispered as he scratched the back of his neck. I looked down at my lap and tried to calm my racing heartbeat.

"Dean I- we can't ever do that again." I looked up at him and his face was full of sadness.

"Why? I liked it." He said with a smirk trying to cover up what I saw but it was too late.

"Because you are going to leave me, and I already have enough on my plate a heartache is the last think I need." Dean looked at me confused. "I have a history Dean. A very long history full of pain and suffering."

"Kylie, I don't care. You know what, I'm not going to beat around the bush here. I want you, and need you. When I saw you hurt today I almost died."

"Don't say things like that, okay? You have a life and your brother, plus people who love you. Don't waste your life on me."

"Before I met you I didn't have a life. I was working jobs day to day trying to help my brother with the psychological bull that was put on us. When I saw you at the bar you were hot. Not going to lie, but when I talk to you it's like .. . I don't know. I never felt this way before."

I felt something wet drip down my cheek. I touched it and saw that it was a tear. I was crying?

"Are you crying?" Dean asked the question that was in my head.

"Dean just go okay. Go rest up so we can look up our stuff tomorrow."

"I'm not going to leave you here there's a demon out there." I shook my head with a smile.

"He's gone. Trust me." 

"How do you -" He was going to continue but stopped. "Oh yeah sorry. Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded.

Dean was about to walk out but did the unexpected. He came over to me and kissed the top of my head. "Stay safe." He said and walked out leaving me stunned.

I touched my chest. My heart was beating fast over a man, but not any man.

Dean Winchester