Christmas Shopping pt 2

10 December

"Maya! Maya.." Lucas shook her. Maya opened her eyes and sat up, "What time is it?" She asked, Lucas checked his phone and told her it was 7:35. "What? Why?" She groaned, he laughed and said,
"We gotta get dressed and the kids dressed, so we can take them to your parents' (Katy and shawn are married) house." Maya stood up and went straight to the shower, she came out and Lucas had already given the twins a bath, and had gotten them dressed,(photo above). Lucas went into the shower, she got dressed and did her hair into a high ponytail. Then she woke Logan up, who instantly started crying, Maya gave him a bath and got him dressed. Lucas came out of the shower and got dressed, while Maya got Logan some spare clothes and diapers (he still wore diapers). When Lucas finally finished he came out and got Jaxon's bag ready, he put spare clothes, spare diapers and wipes. He also got Jordyn's bag ready with the same things in it.

Lucas' POV:
After I got the bags ready, I walked downstairs and put sachets of their formula in each bag. I also put one bottle for their milk and another one for water. I heard Maya coming down the stairs, Logan still crying in his room. Maya got some snacks out like celery stick, carrot sticks, apples, grapes, and cheese etc and put them in a lunch bag for Logan to eat. She also put some yoghurt in a container, and a spoon. Then she packed his water bottle. She looked tired, but she smiled "Lucas, can you please get Logan and make him stop crying" she said calmly. I nodded in response, I went upstairs and put Jordyn and Jaxon in their carseats. The I went to Logan's room, "Hey buddy, what's wrong?" I asked him, he put his arms up and I lifted him, he rested his head on my shoulder and I knew he cried so hard because he sounded like he couldn't breathe, he kept gasping for air.
"M-m-mama!" He kept screaming. I ran downstairs, Maya was crying too. "M-Maya are you alright?" I asked, Logan saw her and stopped crying, "M-Mama is cwying" he pointed at her, "I just have the biggest headache and I can't think straight" she said as she put her arms out for Logan.
"I'm sorry I woke you baby" she kissed Logan, and he hugged her back. I went upstairs and brought the twins down. Maya had taken Logan to the car, she came back and took the bags into the car. I put the twins in the car and sat in the drivers seat. We started driving, it was about 9:35. Maya started humming and I'm pretty sure it was Stay with me by Sam smith. I started singing it "Guess it's true Im not good at a one-night stand, but I still need love cause Im just a man" she looked at me and giggled, I looked at her with a pout, "You don't think I have the voice?" I said in a baby voice. She just laughed, "You always make my day Huckleberry" she said putting a smile on my face. We finally turned into a drive way, it was such a flash house, we looked at the tall gates and the initials were H.R(Hunter Residence). "Are you sure it's the right house?" Maya asked. I showed her the paper that had the address on it. We drove up to the gate, I winded my window down, "Hunter Residence, how may I help you?" A man's voice came through a little speaker. Maya looked at me and said "I'm Maya Hart" and the gates opened straight away. We drove in and parked our car. Maya got out and carried Logan out to walk with his bag, and I took Jaxon's carseat and his bag.
Maya carried Jordyn's carseat and her bag. We walked up to the front door and I knocked. A few minutes later the door was opened by a tall middle-aged man, I think he was British as he spoke, "Welcome Miss Hart, We were expecting you!" He said smiling. "George, David George is the name"
Maya smiled "Well hi" he smiled and let us in. Maya looked around amazed, her parents haven't met the kids yet but have seen photos of them.
"Mr & Mrs Hunter will be down in a minute" George said.
We waited and waited till we heard "Maya! I can't believe you're here" Katy's voice said. Maya ran towards her mother and hugged her. Shawn came running down and hugged Maya. "This is Logan, Jaxon and Jordyn" Maya said happily. Katy and Shawn looked so shocked, they both looked "You two have done a very good job with the twins, and Logan" Shawn said. I smiled. We said our good byes and we went shopping. While we were driving, Maya looked at me and started talking "Huckleberry! I miss my babies" she said, I looked at her and smirked, "Hey I miss them too".
We got to the store and went straight to the toddler section, I had to chose a gift for Logan and so did Maya. I bought him a stuffed dolphin, a pair of shoes, a book, and a puzzle set. Maya got him a small car to put his blocks in, new pj's, a big glowing star, and a beanie. Then we went to the baby section, Maya bought Jordyn a stuffed lady bug, and a outfit. I got her a singing toy, and a pair of shoes. Maya got Jaxon a baseball hat, and a toy. I bought him some soft baseball balls to chew on, and a pillow that had his name on it. Later after that we split up to buy a present for each other. I really wanted to get something special for Maya, shes such a hard working parent and wife. So I decided to get her a ring with the date of the day we first met in 7th grade on it, and I got her a bracelet that says her full name.

Maya's POV:
It was so hard to get a gift for Lucas, because I don't know if he will like it. So I decided to get him a pair of really expensive nike runners, and a pair of pj's and ring that had the date of when we started this family thing. I was so excited that I also bought him a shirt that said "Super Dad" with a superman sign. I met with Lucas at a small cafè, "Hey, so we're ready?" I asked. He nodded and we headed off to the car, we put all our shopping in the trunk. We started driving to pick up the kids. Lucas started humming the song, "Purpose" by Justin Bieber. I giggled and sang quietly, he looked at me "Come on sing" he said. So I sang louder, we finally got to my parents' house, and we saw a lot of cars there. "I walked in and the music was elegant and loud, people drinking and talking, dressed all fancy. Lucas came in shocked, we looked for my mom and found her with Shawn talking to a couple. I tapped her on the shoulder,  "Hey!" She said happily, she was awfully drunk. Lucas looked at me,   "So where are my kids?" I asked, Shawn looked and said,
"What do you mean?" At this said, I ran up the stairs and looked in every room. "Logan! Logaaan!" I yelled out. Lucas opened a door and called my name. When I walked towards the door, I saw Logan lying on the bed crying and hugging Jordyn who was also crying, and Jaxon was on the other side of Logan crying. Lucas and I ran in to grab him, he was crying for a long time, "Baby, I'm so sorry, baby what's wrong? Are you hungry? Come on sweetie, lets go home" I said balling my eyes out. Lucas was holding both of the twins and said "I don't think they have eaten, because their bottles are still full and Logan's lunch bag is still full!" He said worried. I stood up holding Logan, while Lucas put the twins in their carseat. I took all three of the bags, and we walked down the stairs. We walked out of the house, and put the kids in the car, I gave Logan his food and walked back into the house, Lucas behind me. "Mom!" I screamed as she turned to me "Excuse me? We have guests!" She said "No mom! Excuse you, who the hell do you think you are? To leave my kids in the room crying! All you had to do was look after them and feed them, you left them to starve, arghh! How could you? Shawn seriously!? I thought you were more than that, you can't just leave my kids in there and party! I can't believe you! You two are nothing to me, and don't even think about calling to apologise, because I am sick of hearing the word 'sorry'! You know that all my life people have left me and have never come back, but when they do I don't want them back! So now it's time for me to walk out of your lives!" I couldn't help myself but cry. Lucas led me out, "Maya! You are my daughter and you will listen to me! Don't you dare walk away from me! You walk out that door and you will never hear from me again!" Katy said, I turned my head "Growing up, I never heard from you! So it won't make a difference" i shouted back. We walked out and got into the car, we started driving home. Tears were coming down my face, I wiped them away, Lucas put his arm around me, "We will get through this together" he said, and I smiled.
................................................................
Thanks for reading!! There was a plot twist with the mom and shawn!💗💗