"It's very unusual for a young person like you to develop this. Are you dealing with emotional stress?" Niall glanced at Zayn and sees the guilty expression on him. Then, he looked back at the doctor and answered with a fake smile on his face.

"No, Doctor. I'm living a stress-free life," he lied. He would do anything just to get out of the hospital bed. Niall doesn't know how long has he been unconscious, delaying what must be done—and that would be to talk to Zayn and explained to him that he would be backing out on their business agreement with Mr. Carlton. In his defense, Niall wouldn't be able to forgive himself if Zayn's family disowned one of their own.

"When can I go?" Niall asked. "No offense, Doctor, but I'm not really a hospital kind of guy," he joked, making light of the situation.

"All your vital signs are normal so for now, I will let you go," Dr. Nassirio said. "But I would still recommend you to take things slowly. There's a reason why heart attacks are called the silent killer."

"I understand," Niall nodded, doing the best he can to get rid of the doctor. Once the physician left the room to get the release form, he watched Zayn closed the door. Those brown eyes held him captive for seconds. Everything must've happened so fast, he was bit startled when Zayn kissed him. Not just a regular, innocent kiss but a lustful, passionate, and burning kind of kiss. Of course, Niall reciprocated it with much greater intensity. When the urgency of air is needed, they pulled themselves apart.

"I am so glad that you're alright," Zayn smiled, pushing the loose blonde hair strands poking his boyfriend's hypnotic blue eyes. "I got really scared."

"I'm alright now, Zayn. I need to get out of here," Niall insisted, slowly pulling himself up. "Did you call my parents?"

"Uh... no," Zayn hesitated. Although, it was the first thing that he thought of when he received the disturbing phone call days ago. "Should I?"

"It's a good thing you didn't," Niall felt a sense of relief. He doesn't want his parents to worry about him. It's his problem and not theirs. Niall was sure that if they found out about it, they would drop everything to fly in here which Niall doesn't want to happen. "How long have I been out?"

"Three days," Zayn replied, seeing the blonde gasping. He could see the panic in those blue eyes, making more worried about his boyfriend's health. Stress was the one thing that Zayn didn't want for Niall.

"We have to get out of here. I still need to talk to Mr. Carlton."

"Don't worry, Pumpkin. I already notified him about what happened."

"And what did he say?" Fear was creeping on Niall. He doesn't want to get scolded again because of his weak, stupid heart.

"He gave us one more week to settle everything. Don't worry, Pumpkin. Everything will be alright," Zayn reassured his boyfriend that nothing would separate them and he wouldn't let anything or anyone stand between them. Zayn waited for a very long time to be with Niall. Even death won't stand a chance against them.

"No, I need to—" The door opened, revealing a nurse with the release papers and also to detach the IV needle on his arm. Both of them were quiet as the nurse was working on her duties. Zayn watched, putting his hands on his jacket but then he felt the same velvet box on one of the pocket, making him more anxious and nervous.

I have to do this. The mantra he kept telling himself. He almost lost Niall once, almost killing him in the process. Zayn doesn't want to go through that hellhole anymore. As of this moment, he wanted to show to Niall that he was in this for the long haul, spending the rest of his life until his dying breath with Niall. He gripped hard on the velvet box as the time felt like it stood still, thinking about how to approach Niall with this. Zayn was running scenarios in his head as his eyes were watching the nurse, taking off the IV from his boyfriend's arm. He doesn't even have a speech prepared, wondering if that was a good idea to just wing it. But once the nurse left the room, Zayn was observing carefully his boyfriend, his heart beating irregularly.