"Th-th-th-thank... you...!"

Naomi tilted her head, wearing an amused expression, and Cosette raised her eyebrows at the two. The same thought ran through their heads:

English?

"Oi! Karasuno! We have another match, don't dawdle around!" their coach called out.

"Th-that's right, boys, gather up!" Daichi cleared his throat. "Who are we playing, by the way, Shimizu?" he added after a moment to their female manager.

She glanced at the four girls for a moment. "...Nekoma."

"Geh!" Ayame's eyes widened. "Really?!"

Seira smirked. "We'll beat you for sure."

"It won't be easy," Daichi smiled.

"I can't believe it!" Ayame cried, ignoring them. "I don't know who to cheer for in this match!"

The three girls looked at her blankly.

Seriously?

"...just how smitten are you?" Seira muttered under her breath.

"I'm not!"

Cosette merely shook her head as Naomi covered up a giggle.

"We'll be sitting over there on that side. Good luck, Karasuno~" the raven-haired girl sang out, giving them a teasing wink.

Nishinoya and Tanaka each put their hands on their heart, holding in a nosebleed that was threatening to fall.

"Don't get distracted, you two!"

"S-sorry!"

The whistle blew.

"Nice serve, Lev!"

"Ennoshita, nice recieve!"

"Left, left!"

"Whoah, that was an intense spi---"

Seira was cut off as Yaku dived for the ball. Her jaw dropped, and on the other side of the court, Tanaka let out a groan.

"Sorry, Kenma, cover!"

"To return a ball like that!" she cried. "It was pretty strong!"

Cosette remained silent, though that didn't mean she wasn't amazed.

She had never taken interest in sports, and she never really wanted to play anyway. But the matches they play in gym class were nothing serious. She had never even seen a serious match.

In the first place, she had never given 100% in anything before, and to watch something like that before her very eyes... she had already watched a couple of today's matches, but she hasn't yet gotten used to it.

"That's Mori-kun for you~!" Naomi hummed, smiling.

The blonde discreetly rolled her eyes and held in an irritated sigh.

Did she have to act so proud? It's not like she's his mother.

"It's Nekoma's speciality to connect and make sure the ball does not touch the ground on their side of the court," explained coach Nekomata. "As long as the ball is still in the air... you haven't lost."

As if on cue, the ball fell on the other side of the court with a slam, giving Nekoma one point.

"We don't have any special plays," Cosette said quietly. "The only advantage you see at first glance is... in this case... height."

Coach Nekomata let out a short chuckle. "Everyone underestimates our team like that."

"Karasuno... they don't seem to have anything all that special either, huh? And they've yet to sco--" Naomi began.