Lucy, My Little Angel

"Mamma, mamma!" Lucy, my only child ran into the room with a huge smile on her little face. "Yes Lucy?"
"I made a new friend! He said we were best friends!" She exclaimed. "He?" I question. "Yeah! His name is NATSU!" She yells excitedly. "Oh, so is Natsu your boyfriend?" I ask with a grin. "No! What the heck is a boyfriend anyway?" She asks, all puzzled.

"Oh you'll find out when your older." I say in a mysterious tone. "Aww, no fair!" She says while crossing her arms and pouting. "Hey now, we don't need any attitude in this house okay?" I say sternly. "Yes Mamma." She says.

"You have to eat now, how about asking Natsu over?" I inquire. "Yay!" She beams and runs outside yelling. She came  back a few minutes later with a boy who had salmon coloured hair and onyx coloured eyes.

His cute little face was blushing. "Natsu, why are your cheeks red?" I ask, trying to not laugh. What, I love teasing kids! "Because I just ran!" He says. "Really?" I ask with suspicion (and a grin). "Aye sir!" He salutes me.

"Mamma, don't embarrass our guest." Lucy shakes her head. "Fine fine, I'll tease you later."    
"Mamma!"

                                                                             *

"Where's your dad Luce?" Natsu asks while we eat lunch. I watched to see if Lucy knew. "Papa's busy working in his office, I think he'll be finished at four today." She answers. "Oh wow, you're so lucky! I don't even know when my dad finishes work!" Natsu replies. I frown.

Igneel was supposed to be taking care of his boy, what happened? "Miss Heartfilia, why are you frowning?" Natsu, the little angel asks. "Call me Aunt, would you dear?" I smile.

"Okay then, Aunt... Why are you frowning?" Lucy looked at me. "Oh I was thinking about something. No need to worry!" I give the children a strained smile. They shrug and start eating again. Oh dear, I've forgotten to call Mavis!

"Mamma you look worried again." Lucy can pick up a lot of vibes from me, even when she's in another room or looking the other way. Sometimes that's bad, because there are things four year olds don't need to know.

Like knowing my magic is draining away and Mavis is the only one who knows. "Oh it's fine Lucy! Are you finished? You can go play if you want." I shrug. "Yay! The four year olds cheer and run away after washing their faces.

Kids huh? Always running...