۞3۞

Preston's POV
The alarm was going off. Brandon was panicking, I didn't know where Rob was, and Mitch and Lachlan were looking at something on a computer screen. "He's been spotted!" Yelled Lachlan. "Who?" I screamed. "Dagger..." He said in a deep voice. "A couple months ago, I was assigned to recruit him. He was gone before I even got there. We've been hunting him, because an Envye is never a good thing." I stared at him. "Wait, what did you say? Envye?" He turned and looked at me. "A rogue superhuman. Us but worse." I nodded. "Okay then."

We left the secret base, but not by the flower shop. It was by a closed down old-fashioned blacksmith shop. Mitch grabbed a bow off of a shelf, and Lachlan copied what he did. Brandon pretty much just followed those two, and I followed them. While we were on our way to wherever we were going, I turned to Brandon, and asked some questions. "Okay, I know that this is a real life superhuman, but Dagger? Seriously?" Brandon shrugged. "Whenever we find anyone new on the monitors, the computers go crazy, so we don't know his name. We call him that because he can create colored daggers out of light and air. Lachlan is overly obsessed with him because Dagger was supposed to be the first member that he recruited." I thought for a minute, then asked yet another strange question. "How do you know he can shoot daggers?" Brandon laughed. "What, you think this is our first encounter?" I frowned. Let's hope this goes well, I think, as I get into the van.

Once we arrive at the 'secret location', as Mitch calls it, we head out, and get ready to find someone. I was really questioning why we didn't bring guns, and when I asked Brandon, he said I'd see soon enough. We were in the middle of a fs aield, and there was just a shack there. Literally nothing else. I was about to open my mouth to speak, when a dagger strikes the van, less than an inch beside my head. I breath in shallow breaths, as I slowly look to the right, and I duck right as one hits where my head was. It was dark, and so we couldn't spot where they were coming from. "Are you okay?" Brandon whispers, as I creep closer to the rest of the group. All the sudden, a twig breaks, and Mitch shoots. The sound of a steel arrow piercing something, definitely not human, fills the air. "Really? Dude that's cruel. Shooting out of nowhere. Dang it! My rainbow socks are covered in oil now..." I look at Brandon, who whispers, "definitely not Dagger." Lachlan pulls a flashlight out of his pocket, and shines it towards the noise. Sitting there, just on the ground, is a robot. "Oh crap. Guess I'm not as sneaky as you, V. Also, I'm running really low on power from my oil spill, so I might-" All the light suddenly leaves his body. Lachlan checks around, for any sign of Dagger, and Brandon turns and runs towards the robot. Suddenly, Mitch turns around and yells, "BRANDON!!" Brandon turns around and holds a hand out, and a half blue, half red dagger pierces his skin.