Chapter 24

He smiles, "I'm so proud of you, Barb."

I can't help but smile, wishing he was here in person to say that... but over the phone will do... "Thanks, Dick."

"I'm uh... sorry about your dad too..."

I roll my eyes, "You make it sound like losing his job to a corrupt Mayor has never happened before."

"Well, last time this happened some guy went crazy and tried to kill the Mayor..."

"I think we have it covered. You just worry about your job and Blüdhaven."

"I could just bypass the security checkpoints and visit ya..."

Dinah clears her throat. "Really guys? Do you have to use our comm line?"

My face reddens as I start to laugh, "Whoopps..."

"Yeah, BIG, whoops tech girl. You're lucky I am out on patrol or I'd slap you."

Dick chuckles, "Careful she won't hesitate to hit back."

"Okay, okay can you guys just say goodbye so we can get back to the crime fighting thing?"

He smiles, "Goodnight Barbara. Glad you're not dead."

I bite my lip to hold back a laugh, "Goodnight Dick."

There is a silence before Dinah speaks again, "Is he gone?"

"Yes, Dinah... he's gone."

Dinah sighs with relief as she reaches the roof of Gotham University. "Good cause you guys need some alone time. Together. ASAP."

"So let me get this straight..."

"Hmm?"

"My friend-"

She laughs as she grapples to a nearby water tower. "Best friend."

"My best friend, who dated Ra's al Ghul is giving me dating advice?"

I see her misstep, and I bite my lip to hold in a laugh. "I thought we weren't going to talk about that ever again." She growls.

"I can't help it." I smile as I take a sip of juice, "I'm like a little sister to you. I love to annoy you. You should remember what that was like."

She scoffs, "Yeah, no wonder my sister ended up joining the League of Assassins."

I quickly swallow my mouthful of juice, "Wait... oh god brainfreeze..."

Dinah laughs as she leaps across to a nearby apartment building. "Karma."

"No wait, Sarah was part of the League?"

"Yeah."

"So that's how you knew Nyssa?"

She stops moving. "What?"

"Back at Wayne Manor, you recognized her-"

"No, not that... There's something over here..."

Oh right... The crime fighting thing... "I'm not seeing anything on the police scanners."

"No... You need to see what I'm seeing."

I activate her mask camera and see a figure standing on the rooftop below her. The figure seems to be completely oblivious to Dinah... or at least does not view her as a threat. "Weird..."

"Tell me about it."

"Well, it's not Ra's... he surely would have announced his presence by now."