33 A Dark Twin

Skye

I'm taken out of my cage and dragged down the dirty floor at 10:30 pm. I don't even bother stuggling as they drag me in a dim lit lab. We walk past  tables and weird liquids. Untill the guards drop me in the center of the room. I look up at a pair of shoes finding Zac and Kiera standing in front of me. I stand up and meet their gaze, but Kiera catches me.

"You don't want to look."

"Yes I do." I stuggle against Kiera untill I win and I'm left staring at a boy. Jax, but he's different.  His hair is not the strawberry blonde it used to, now it's charred and his eyes are black too. I fall back against Kiera unable to move, think or even scream. I just stand there like rock staring at the boy who used to be my friend.

What did you do to him?" Zac questions staring at the Jax clone.

"I improved him, you'll have to agree he's much better." Kaine says smiling at his materpiece.

"You made him a monster."  Kiera whispers.

"That's not Jax,"  I say as a single tear runs down my face.  "Because you killed the real Jax."  I say moving to grab him. Zac grabs my arm and holds me back from the monster of a man.

"Jax's mind is somewhere safe, while his body is hosting another mind or... spirt."  He says pointing to his clone.  A buzz goes off in the room and Kaine looks at his watch.

"I'll let you guys catch up, I have somewhere to be." He waves at us before rushing out of the room.

"Going somewhere." It says in Jax's voice. 

"You have no right to imitate his voice." I yell at the clone.

"Who's says I'm imitating?" "I am Jax but better, I'm faster and stronger and much more intelligent."

"You're not Jax and you never will be." I shout back at him.

"You are right I am not Jax."  It takes a step foward.  "I am a part of Jax, that he never wanted you to see."  It spits.  "Because the real Jax is dead."  He pauses letting that sink in. 

"You-" I start, but before I can say anything good or throw in a few punches Kiera pulls me out.

"What are you doing?" She asks as if it's not clear.  But acually I don't know what I'm doing.

"You can't let Kaine get to you like this."

"Oh like how you're handling it?  We can't ignore him Kiera." I spit.  "He killed Jax."

"Don't say that."  She says turning away from me.

"Why not Kiera, it's true."  I snap.

"You can't let your emotions cloud your judgement."  She responds turning back to me.

"Just because your some emotionless warrior doesn't mean I have to be to."  I shout.  "I heard what they say about you, they all look up to you as a hero, but you're just trying to save your own ass."  I say in a quieter voice.  "Stop trying to save Zac, he's part of them."

"He's changed." She says her calm voice starting to change.

"I know that's what you tell yourself, but look around.  Stop falling for his love act, he doesn't love you."

"He's my brother."  She says in a low voice.

"What?"

"He's my brother okay, and yeah I didn't come back to save everyone, but it doesn't seem like anyone else is, so yeah maybe I will."  I stare at shocked that she yelled at me, even though I yelled at her. 

"Stop trying to play hero."  I say then walk back towards my cell.

Martin

I standing on the roof of the labatory wind blowing hair into my face. The helicopter lands perfectly, as always. The door opens and Nathan runs out with Cody on a stretcher. Four guards rush Cody inside. I notice a patch of blood near his rib cage getting bigger and bigger.

"What the hell Nathan." I shout at him.

"It looks worse then it is, a couple knives near his ribs and one in his leg."

"Then why is there a patch of blood?" 

"His wrist was cut and a knife reopened the wound."  I sigh.

"Just go."  I say. 

"Take care of yourself Martin." He shouts before taking off in the helicopter. He was undercover as well.  I quickly walk to the medic ward, almost jogging. I stop when I reach the operating room and stare inside. Cody lays still while doctors run around him. I turn away from the door and notice his jacket lying on the floor. Something in his pocket catches my eye. I reach over and pull out a golden stopwatch with a paw ingraved in it. I open it up and a single slip of paper falls out.

You need to get out now, before things get complicated. Just like you said the plan worked.  If everything goes well I can get everyone out in two days.
Give this to Zac and Kiera they deseve to know who their mother is just in case,
And Martain tell them who you really are.

-Kelly

A single tear falls onto the paper before I shove it into my pocket along with the watch. The plan bad to work. I look over my shoulder at Cody. It may already be to late.